PDA

View Full Version : River of dreams

03-25-2002, 08:36 AM
Sorry no real strategy points here, but it does show you how profitable it is to play with idiots at times.

PP NL game $100 buyin. Key stacks BB $130, MP $110, me (cutoff) $145.

Dealt 6s7c and there are several limpers to me. I call, and we see a pretty good looking flop of 4c5c6c. $2 bet from Big blind gets 3 callers and i eventually decied to just call.

REASON: the players involved here seem to pay you off if you hit big, but they charge very little to draw. However they will likely call if they can currently beat a pair of 6s so why charge myself to draw.

Turn is Js, BB bets $4 this time, MP calls and i call. River is the dream 3c, giving me the nut straight flush. BB now overbets the pot betting $35, and MP moves allin for $110! I call the bet (not raise) and the BB hesitates and then calls!

AhAc for the big blind (no raise preflop is crazy), 2d3c for MP for the small straight flush (and he flopped a straight), and i take the pot at a little under $335.

03-25-2002, 09:26 AM
Sorry should read 2c3d for mid position.

03-25-2002, 09:33 AM
Nice hand, nice playing. Congrats on the huge pot. /images/smile.gif

03-25-2002, 10:18 AM
You meant idiots for the way they played their hands preflop, flop, and turn, not the way they played the river, right?

I guess they played that bad also, since they jammed it up in a way that would allow you to get away from a lot of the hands you might have held.

Nice catch.

Later, Greg Raymer (FossilMan)

03-25-2002, 03:35 PM
I have not played much PL/NL on-line but after hearing this news, I think I will start. /images/smile.gif Nice hand!

-A-