PDA

View Full Version : while the ground is soft.....

zombies kill
10-12-2004, 10:02 PM
Ultimate Bet 1/2 Hold'em (9 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: fill my mouth with dirt is MP2 with K/images/graemlins/heart.gif, K/images/graemlins/club.gif.
UTG+1 folds, MP1 calls, <font color="CC3333">fill my mouth with dirt raises</font>, MP3 calls, CO folds, Button folds, SB folds, BB calls, MP1 calls.

Flop: (8.50 SB) 8/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 3/images/graemlins/club.gif, 9/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(5 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">BB bets</font>, MP1 calls, <font color="CC3333">fill my mouth with dirt raises</font>, <font color="CC3333">MP3 3-bets</font>, BB folds, MP1 calls, fill my mouth with dirt calls.

Turn: (9.25 BB) Q/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(4 players)</font>
MP1 checks, fill my mouth with dirt checks, <font color="CC3333">MP3 bets</font>, MP1 calls, fill my mouth with dirt folds.

River: (11.25 BB) 7/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
MP1 checks, <font color="CC3333">MP3 bets</font>, MP1 calls.

Final Pot: 13.25 BB

Results in white below: <font color="white">
UTG doesn't show.
MP1 has Qh Jd (one pair, queens).
MP3 has 8h 8c (three of a kind, eights).
Outcome: MP3 wins 13.25 BB. </font>

how often is this a dumb move? i figured the only three bet hands are a set and a raggedy two-pair in the least

ErrantNight
10-12-2004, 10:22 PM
i think you're behind to a set almost all the time here... but i almost never give these away. then, i'm a lag.

sluttysteve
10-12-2004, 10:24 PM
Other noted 3-bets include A9o, 72c, and xx.

It may have worked out here, but this is waaaaaaaaaaaaay too weak-tight of a fold. You're losing out on a lot of chips in the long run.

Me not rikey.

edthayer
10-12-2004, 10:33 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Other noted 3-bets include A9o, 72c, and xx.

It may have worked out here, but this is waaaaaaaaaaaaay too weak-tight of a fold. You're losing out on a lot of chips in the long run.

Me not rikey.

[/ QUOTE ]

Don't forget flush draws! Yeah, I can't let go of Kings for a single bet on each street with a relatively tame looking board.