PDA

View Full Version : am i playing like a pussy?

housenuts
10-12-2004, 09:53 PM
these 2 hands just happened and i feel like i played them like a big pussy. $20+2

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em Tourney, Big Blind is t100 (5 handed)

SB (t1310)
BB (t3310)
Hero (t3075)
MP (t3520)
Button (t2285)

Preflop: Hero is UTG with A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, Q/images/graemlins/club.gif.
<font color="CC3333">Hero raises to t400</font>, MP calls t400, Button folds, SB folds, BB folds.

Flop: (t950) 4/images/graemlins/club.gif, 3/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 8/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, MP checks.

Turn: (t950) 2/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, MP checks.

River: (t950) 4/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, MP checks.

Final Pot: t950
<font color="green">Main Pot: t950 (t950), between Hero and MP.</font> &gt; <font color="white">Pot won by Hero (t950).</font>

Results in white below: <font color="white">
Hero has Ad Qc (one pair, fours).
MP has Js Qs (one pair, fours).
Outcome: Hero wins t950. </font>

a little conservative, but any sense betting if i'm gonna have to lay down to a re-raise?

---------------------------

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em Tourney, Big Blind is t100 (5 handed)

UTG (t1410)
MP (t3160)
Hero (t3625)
SB (t3020)
BB (t2285)

Preflop: Hero is Button with Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif, Q/images/graemlins/diamond.gif.
UTG folds, <font color="CC3333">MP raises to t600</font>, Hero calls t600, SB folds, BB folds.

Flop: (t1350) 7/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 4/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 3/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">MP bets t500</font>, Hero calls t500.

Turn: (t2350) 6/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">MP bets t500</font>, Hero calls t500.

River: (t3350) 6/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">MP bets t500</font>, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises to t2025</font>, MP ?

I don't know what i was doing just flat calling in this one. my opponent hadn't played too many pots and i did figure he was pretty tight but could i really put him on KK or AA? I don't think he would have made such a big PF raise if that was the case. At what point do I make my move?

ilya
10-12-2004, 11:34 PM
I think the QQ hand is really tough. Your stack size is awkward; you can't really reraise him for value before the flop without committing yourself. What are you trying to represent with your raise on the river? It's hard to believe that you have trips, a full house, or a straight considering that you cold-called 20% of your stack before the flop. I am torn. I guess I do think you have to suck it up and move in on the flop. You probably have the best hand the majority of the time, and you might even get called by JJ or TT.

xerostar
10-12-2004, 11:40 PM
Hand #1- yes you are. You should bet the flop because he could catch something on the turn/river and steal the pot from you.

Hand #2- Reraise the flop and see if he goes all in. Don't reraise too much so that you can still fold if he goes all in. You'll have all the information you need to fold or push.

lastchance
10-12-2004, 11:49 PM
Hand 1 is fine. You can steal if you want to, but it's fine to just check things down once in a while.

Hand 2, I push the flop. Queens are good. I like queens.

CrisBrown
10-13-2004, 12:17 AM
Hi housenuts,

I dunno. Did you meow rather than curse after the hands were over? Did you find yourself distracted by a pile of catnip? Were you so upset by the results that you had to use the litterbox? /images/graemlins/wink.gif

Cris

housenuts
10-13-2004, 12:28 AM
i didn't really have a problem with hand 1, but hand 2 was making me cringe.

hhboy77
10-13-2004, 04:45 AM
hand 1: i think there's a strong argument for betting the flop, and if not especially the turn. it's not as if the turn card beat you, and he already checked behind you on the flop. unless, you think he's a tricky player who will raise you if you bet, you have to protect your ace-high.

hand 2: to me this is a clear reraise all in and as good as any time to start bullying the more conservative players.

housenuts
10-13-2004, 04:48 AM
[ QUOTE ]
hand 2: to me this is a clear reraise all in and as good as any time to start bullying the more conservative players.

[/ QUOTE ]

when? preflop?

Mez
10-13-2004, 10:40 AM
I think hand #1 is fine, especially if the opponent is tricky and you've seen him re-raise big before.

Hand #2 - I really don't like the way you played this unless you knew he was going to bet at every street and you planned to re-raise all in at the river. I would prefer to raise the flop so you can get a better read on his hand. His consistent 500, 500, 500 bets are a sign of weakness to me. I think your queens are likely good unless he got lucky after raising with A5 or caught a set.

rachelwxm
10-13-2004, 02:10 PM
hand 2 I took your move as slow play. Your opponent should not play AA-JJ like this weak post flop, more like two over cards and keep firing. However, it's still dangerous since if any K or A shows on turn or river could cause potential big trouble for you. If turn is Ace, and he moves in, now what?

Bigwig
10-13-2004, 02:36 PM
It appears that you are a tight player. If the others know this, I would bet the flop in Hand #1. With this many players, and their calling requirements, there is a good chance that you are still ahead.

On Hand #2, I reraise preflop, and I probably go all-in. As someone said, I like Q's. They are good.

SeesTheRiver
10-13-2004, 02:51 PM
well what was the outcome? im saying he had A5.

housenuts
10-13-2004, 06:31 PM
[ QUOTE ]
well what was the outcome? im saying he had A5.

[/ QUOTE ]

oddly enough i don't know what the outcome is because he folded. i couldn't believe it when he folded, but he must have had AK or AQ.