PDA

View Full Version : Capped turn against a limp-RR, paired board river.

BigEndian
10-12-2004, 09:47 PM
Interesting river?

Party Poker 3/6 Hold'em (10 handed)

Preflop: BigEndian is CO with 4/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 5/images/graemlins/heart.gif.
UTG calls, <font color="666666">1 fold</font>, UTG+2 calls, <font color="666666">1 fold</font>, MP2 calls, <font color="666666">1 fold</font>, BigEndian calls, <font color="666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="CC3333">BB raises</font>, UTG folds, <font color="CC3333">UTG+2 3-bets</font>, MP2 folds, BigEndian calls, BB calls.

Flop: (11.33 SB) 8/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 6/images/graemlins/heart.gif, K/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="CC3333">UTG+2 bets</font>, BigEndian calls, BB calls.

Turn: (7.16 BB) A/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="CC3333">UTG+2 bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">BigEndian raises</font>, BB calls, <font color="CC3333">UTG+2 3-bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">BigEndian caps</font>, BB calls, UTG+2 calls.

River: (19.16 BB) 8/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
BB checks, UTG+2 checks, BigEndian...

- Jim

J.R.
10-12-2004, 10:01 PM
I'd fold for 2 more preflop. I'd feel more worried about a bigger flush than AA KK (especially after the overlimp, not open-limp, re-raise), but would bet the river and call a raise (cause I'm a sucker for value although its close and at the table I could see myself checking in the ebb and flow of pokering if things felt right that way)

ErrantNight
10-12-2004, 10:17 PM
ummm... fold preflop? easy? calling two cold with low suited connectors w/ only 3 to go and possibly a cap behind?

and couldn't the river be an obvious value c/r for UTG+2?

from my experience a limp reraise from early position is the sign of a very strong hand except from complete maniacs. i could be wrong, but i think you're behind.

that said you really don't know where you are on the river, and i think it could be argued it's awful tough to fold for one more on the river if you bet and get c/r'ed.

to me (and i'm stoned, so take this for what it's worth), if you can say unequivocally it would be right to fold to a c/r on the river you should be able to convince yourself not to play this crap preflop... that seems to be a lot more sound.

check behind on the river, pray.

BigEndian
10-13-2004, 08:40 AM
It turns out that UTG had KJo and BB had KTo. I hadn't noticed my opponent for a LAG, but I definitely took note from there on out.

Bison, lucky guy, was to his immediately left. I don't know if he had noticed this LAGgy play before, but he definitely took advantage of it several hands later.

- Jim