PDA

View Full Version : How to play these Cowboys

SoaringAngle
10-12-2004, 09:32 PM
6/12 game at a B+M
Table just a little tougher than the 3/6 game i am used to, but play is still not very good with about 3 fish at the table. Villian is a little loose, but it has only been about 2 orbits

Hero is MP2
Dealt K /images/graemlins/club.gif K /images/graemlins/diamond.gif

UTG calls, UTG+1 calls, MP1 folds, Hero Raises, 4 Folds, BB calls, UTG calls, UTG+1 calls.

Flop(8.5 SB) K /images/graemlins/spade.gif Q /images/graemlins/spade.gif 4 /images/graemlins/spade.gif

UTG checks, UTG+1 checks, Hero bets, BB calls, UTG calls, UTG+1 folds

Turn(6BB): A /images/graemlins/diamond.gif
UTG Bets, Hero Raises, BB Folds, UTG Calls

River(10BB) 6 /images/graemlins/club.gif
UTG Checks, Hero Bets, UTG Calls

Comments on all steets appreciated. Did i play it too strong? I had put UTG on a pair of aces after the turn. Reults to be posted.

thirddan
10-12-2004, 09:34 PM
i would play it exactly the same...

Spartan1983
10-12-2004, 09:37 PM
I think you played it about the only way you could. With the flush draw on the flop you couldn't slow play.

SoaringAngle
10-12-2004, 09:48 PM
In the end, UTG showed down 10 /images/graemlins/heart.gif J /images/graemlins/club.gif for the Ace high straight. Oh well, it was my first foray into 6-12 after consistently beating 3/6 and i was alittle dissapointed. I wonder if there was any way i could have protected my hand better, or maybe it was just one i could not have won.

ErrantNight
10-12-2004, 10:08 PM
considering you didn't get raised on this river (since the range of hands he should have been afraid of was exactly: AJ of spades (conceivably AT of the same) you were fine. easy raise on the turn, as even if you're behind you have boat outs. checked into on the river you gotta bet this, because most of the time this is an ace or ace and something else...

thirddan
10-12-2004, 11:35 PM
if you were at the commerce you probably could have climbed over the table punched utg in the face and mucked his cards. but if you only want to do legal things you played this hand fine, suckouts happen...