PDA

View Full Version : Any interest in a regular $50 sng for 2+2 posters?

byronkincaid
10-12-2004, 07:33 PM
I was amazed to find out tonight that the 2+2 sngs have only been going since January. I can remember my first game feeling really nervous that I was playing against good players for the first time. I have played in most of the euro games since then and they have helped improve my game enormously and perhaps more importantly there are now people who I have never met and I only talk to here and in a chat box at stars who I consider to be my friends.

In a purely selfish move to try to improve my game even further I would like to try to get a higher buy in game going. The benefits of this would hopefully be that people who can't be bothered to play the $10s would feel like there's something to play for and perhaps learn from a $50 2+2 poster game. Whilst anyone could and should play I am hoping that it may attract some of the better sng/tournament players on these forums.

PrayingMantis has expressed an interest in playing and I think DrPhysic might be persuaded to play as well. The problem as always will be a time to suit everyone so if anyone is interested in this game please reply with what times (ET) and days would suit you. I can play any time any day. I would suggest the game as being a one table either normal or turbo at stars. Any comments welcome.

housenuts
10-12-2004, 09:13 PM
i don't know why any sensible man would want to go in a tourney solely against 2+2 posters. that can't be +EV and isn't that what everyone here is searching for?

personally i'd rather put my money up against a bunch of random joe's that are more than likely trouts.

AleoMagus
10-12-2004, 10:16 PM
[ QUOTE ]
that can't be +EV

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, in the long run it actually can be very +EV. Do you see why? I'll let others elaborate.

Regards
Brad S

housenuts
10-12-2004, 10:24 PM
yes sklansky, i see why. you get better from playing with better people, but still

Knoler
10-13-2004, 01:32 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
that can't be +EV

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, in the long run it actually can be very +EV. Do you see why? I'll let others elaborate.

[/ QUOTE ]

With all due respect, wouldn't it then be just as +EV to run it as a $10+1 SnG?

Regards,
-Brian

housenuts
10-13-2004, 01:37 AM
haha, very agreed. however perhaps people would play more recklessly if it was "only" $10.

but a $10 SNG I would be interested in playing. A $50 one, no way. first of all i don't even play at the $50 level in the first place, let alone against a bunch of 2+2ers

byronkincaid
10-13-2004, 04:47 AM
There are 3 or 4 $10 sngs a week. As I said in my post these are extremely educational. However a lot of good posters have played a few of them and never came back. I was hoping that some of them would be interested in a higher buy in game. Playing PrayingMantis is long term +EV for many people on this forum IMO.

housenuts
10-13-2004, 04:49 AM
would you ever play one of these where you showed your hand whenever possible? i posted a thread in the home poker forum about this.

http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showflat.php?Cat=&Number=1126825&page=0&view=colla psed&sb=5&o=14&fpart=&vc=#Post1126825

byronkincaid
10-13-2004, 04:53 AM
Some of the guys used to swop hand histories. Never done the showing thing, doesn't mean it never will be just needs someone to promote the idea.

PrayingMantis
10-13-2004, 05:19 AM
[ QUOTE ]
With all due respect, wouldn't it then be just as +EV to run it as a $10+1 SnG?

[/ QUOTE ]

There's a regular $10+1 2+2 SNG running for many months now. The idea of running also a higher buy-in one is to let some players (who player higher buy-ins regularly), to treat this game a bit more seriously, and be a bit more willing to spend the time playing it (and possibly also to reduce the number of total random fish, which are great for regular games of course, but not for the purpose of a 2+2 SNG. That's if we don't play a private tourney.).

[ QUOTE ]
A $50 one, no way. first of all i don't even play at the $50 level in the first place, let alone against a bunch of 2+2ers

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, you really don't have to play it if you don't want to, you know... /images/graemlins/grin.gif

Anyway, as to the original idea of BK, I'll be glad to participate. Any day is pretty much possible in general, and best hours are up until ~20:00 ET, but this is also flexible in some days. I think it's a good idea, and I hope we could manage to make it happen in hours that are both comfortable to americans and europeans (which is actually pretty much impossible... /images/graemlins/frown.gif except on weekends).

PrayingMantis
10-13-2004, 05:35 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Playing PrayingMantis is long term +EV for many people on this forum IMO.

[/ QUOTE ]

And playing byronkincaid is a long term +EV for PrayingMantis...
/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Thanks for the compliments BK, but I think you have just showed the world (and especially UK), what does a player who wins a few of these 2+2 SNGs is capable of. These 2+2 games are certainly some of the tougest around (When there's a high percentage of 2+2ers, like in the "old days").

mackthefork
10-13-2004, 05:43 AM
Good news, Europe and America are moving closer together by 1.25 inches per year, this means we will be joined together in 280 million years, making for a convenient cross atlantic poker experience, this is about the same time my roll is going to be good for 50 dollars sngs so good news all round /images/graemlins/grin.gif.

Regards Mack

Stoneii
10-13-2004, 07:40 AM
Mmmmm - Euro apparently prefers Pot Limit, NA No Limit - so in 280 million years the hot game will have to be "No Pot Limit Holdem"?

Tough one to crack that.....try taking away your opponents odds then!!

stoneii /images/graemlins/tongue.gif

woodguy
10-13-2004, 09:54 AM
byron,
would love to play in a higher buying 2+2 tourney.
Timing is everything for me, as I barely get 15 hrs a week for poker as it is, so I spend that time at the higher buyin MTT's when possible.

What time/day are you proposing?

Regards,
Woodguy

ukgazz
10-13-2004, 04:56 PM
Hello all,

I have been running the Sunday 2+2 MTT which has been running at 13:00 ET (6pm UK time) and there have been some requests for higher buy in tournys but most of the people like the 10_1 to give the newcomers a chance to play some 'better' 2+2ers.

There has also been some talk of setting up a higher buy in tourny for the more serious player who wants to have a go... If these are all to be 2+2 ers in a hardcore challenge then to stat with it will have to be at a time goot to uk and europe.

It would be easy to set up a higer ($50) buy in tourny say once a month and see who would be interested.....

as the current 2+2 tournys are at a time that seem to suit would a $50 entry one on the 1st Sunday of each month at the same time (I know you can all multi table) be of any interest?

UKgazz