PDA

View Full Version : PP $30 Tourney hands.

03-23-2002, 01:47 AM
Here's a hand I played in a $30 Paradise no-limit tourney. I'm very new to no-limit, and any advice would be appreciated. This is the hand I busted out on.

All relevant players have about 1000 chips. It's level two, so blinds are 10/20. I'm dealt KK in the cut-off. All fold to me, and I raise 200. Is this too much? Both blinds call.

Flop is Q 3 2 rainbow. I bet 350, the little blind raises another 350 and the big blind goes all-in. I only have 400 left at this point, so I call all-in. Would anyone have done differently?

03-23-2002, 02:42 PM
The preflop Raise was to big.

When u got called I guess they had something like A, Q... So the rest of the hand was O.K..

A raise to 60 and tripple the blinds had been the best I think...

Hope u took it!

03-23-2002, 05:57 PM
Your $200 raise was larger than usual, but why not charge whatever your apparently loose opponents are willing to pay.

I do not like the amount of your flop bet. It may not enough to discourage loose opponents from chasing, but it is enough to commit yourself to the pot. I would have pushed all-in on the flop.

However, after you bet $350 and got raised and reraised, I think you have a clear fold.

-Mike

03-24-2002, 04:09 AM
You should've bet the flop all-in. You shouldn't often be betting less than the pot. If the pot is more than half your stack you should usually just go all-in. 200 was way too much to raise pre-flop here, but given the fact that you got TWO calls here you were either up against two great hands or two maniacs (if they call like this regularly then raise as much as you think they will call). Try to raise 4-5 times the BB if you're first in.

-MD

03-24-2002, 05:54 AM
I've played these tournies and i like the raise to $200. Then i'd go for a check raise allin on the flop, but since there was a raise and reraise here, i would go for a check fold perhaps. Depends on the players.