PDA

View Full Version : Fantasy Football Miracle Wins and Losses

Dynasty
10-12-2004, 04:13 PM
Clarkmeister and I are in the same fantasy football league together. This season has been an extraordinary one with several games being decided by the last plays of Monday Night Football.

A couple weeks ago, I was winning a game by two points with just 1:11 left in the Eagles-Vikings MNF game. The Eagles were winning 24-16 and David Akers kicked field goal for the fantasy team I was up against. Result: D.Y.N.A.S.T.Y. loses by 1 point in the last seconds. /images/graemlins/frown.gif

Last night, I got a little back. I went into MNF winning my game by my opponent had Steve McNair who threw two touchdowns to put my opponent ahead. The only player I had in the game was wide receiver Drew Bennett. It was just about impossible for Bennett to score a touchdown without it being a pass from McNair. So, I thought I was screwed and was resigned to losing.

Then, the impossible happened. McNair threw a backwards pass to Bennett who then heaved it to the endzone for a TD giving D.Y.N.A.S.T.Y. 6 points and a miracle win.

These bad beats and suckouts are a lot more emotional in fantasy football for me than they are in poker.

Clarkmeister
10-12-2004, 08:12 PM
I still can't believe that I'm not 1-5 instead of 5-1 with a one game lead and holding the tiebreakers. I guess I'm forced to stop my attempts to dismantle and rebuild.

nolanfan34
10-12-2004, 09:19 PM
I was down by 37 in one of my leagues last night, with only Chris Brown and Donald Driver yet to play...you know how that turned out.

In the 2+2 league I haven't had any good suckouts on the way to my 4-1 record, but I sure have flopped some straights and flushes, and won all of my coinflips.

Michael Davis
10-12-2004, 11:54 PM
I was down 71-70 with Rich Gannon left to play two weeks ago.

I'm sure you know that I lost. Instead of being tied atop the division at 4-1, I am two games out. Ugh.

-Michael