PDA

View Full Version : KQs in BB with top pair against a PF raiser

AliasMrJones
10-12-2004, 03:31 PM
Party Poker 3/6 Hold'em (10 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: AliasMrJones is BB with K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, Q/images/graemlins/diamond.gif.
UTG calls, <font color="666666">5 folds</font>, <font color="CC3333">CO raises</font>, <font color="666666">1 fold</font>, SB calls, AliasMrJones calls, UTG calls.

Flop: (8 SB) Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 8/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 2/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="CC3333">AliasMrJones bets</font>, UTG folds, CO calls, SB folds.

Turn: (5 BB) A/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
AliasMrJones checks, CO checks.

River: (5 BB) 4/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">AliasMrJones bets</font>, CO calls.

Final Pot: 7 BB
<font color="green">Main Pot: 7 BB, between CO and AliasMrJones.</font>

CO called way too many hands PF, but no read yet on his raising standards. On the flop, I get visions of overpairs and dominating hands, but bet out hoping he'd let me know if he had me beat. The smooth call and then the A falling on the turn put me into check/fold mode, but strangely it was checked through. Figured that gave me the green light to bet the river. Thoughts about betting out the flop (anyone play the flop differently?) and the check/fold plan on the turn? Should I check/call river rather than bet out and risk a check/raise? Will a lesser hand call in this situation?

Rubeskies
10-12-2004, 04:10 PM
Unless your opponent is super passive, I'd check-raise the flop to protect your hand and then lead the turn. If he 3-bets the flop then you can slow down.

The way you played it you should have bet the turn. There are lots of hands he might raise preflop with that you still beat. (77,99,TT,JJ, KJs, QJs, maybe JTs and you said yourself he was too loose) This is an obvious value bet. Also, if he has KQ you might get him to fold.