PDA

View Full Version : kings full

03-20-2002, 04:50 PM
while playing in a pl holdem game on pp i picked up kk in the small blind. There are 3 limpers, so I raise the pot to 6$ total. to my surprise not only does the bb call, but so do all 3 limpers. The flop is a wonderfull flop for me, Kh 3h 3d. This is where my question comes. Should i bet the pot which is about 30$ and hope for a raise, bet a smaller amount, or check?

results on the hand later...

03-20-2002, 06:56 PM

03-20-2002, 07:09 PM
I had 100 everyone had me outchipped except one of the limpers who had about 60

03-20-2002, 10:05 PM
Since you're only one raise away from all-in and given the scary board, I think I'd go for the slowplay although I don't like it. Chances are that even a small bet would take the pot down unless the case king, a three, or a flush draw is out there (about 1/3 of the time). If the table is very loose, I might put in a token bet of $10 and hope to get played back in which case the raiser would be pot stuck.

cu

Ignatius

03-20-2002, 11:26 PM
decisions, decisions...

just slowplay em, already!!!

03-21-2002, 12:56 AM
Check it basically because youve got the deck crippled and nothing except the case 3 can come to kill you, and a 3 would have called a bet anyway. (of course an A could come but i think you would have heard from AA already).

But then again if you bet the pot you give much more credibility to your bluffs later on, but most online players aren't that observant.

03-21-2002, 04:34 PM
Well given you made a big raise relative to the pot b4 the flop, unless the lipers are totally ignorant they should have you on AA, KK, or AK, which most likely none of them can beat at this point, or possibly QQ, which still would likely be the best hand as only one K is left in the deck. I think your play is to check the flop. If no heart comes on the turn, bet half the pot. At this point a draw may call and a 3 will play back at you.