PDA

View Full Version : Q2o flop middle pair

Professor Frink
10-12-2004, 11:50 AM
This is my first hand at the table, so no idea on reads. Should i be three betting the turn here, the check raise shocked me and i froze..

Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (10 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is UTG+2 with Q/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 2/images/graemlins/club.gif. Hero posts a blind of $2.
UTG calls, <font color="666666">1 fold</font>, Hero (poster) checks, <font color="666666">5 folds</font>, SB completes, BB checks.

Flop: (4 SB) A/images/graemlins/club.gif, Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 9/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, UTG checks, <font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, SB folds, BB folds, UTG calls.

Turn: (3 BB) 2/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
UTG checks, <font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">UTG raises</font>, Hero calls.

River: (7 BB) 6/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
UTG checks, <font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, UTG calls.

Final Pot: 9 BB
<font color="green">Main Pot: 9 BB, between UTG and Hero.</font>

pokerkai
10-12-2004, 12:27 PM
Well first off, why are you posting blinds UTG+2.
Just wait a bit and let the blinds come to you.

Good river bet. Without a read I dont think you can 3 bet the turn, with that kind of board, it feels like a flopped two pair or set that your probably behind. When he checks the river tho, he was probably just trying to steal the pot so once again, good river bet

Jonny Melon
10-12-2004, 12:34 PM
I think you played it fine. You could make a case for a turn 3-bet, but you might be pushing your luck.
Easy flop and river bets.

Jon

Professor Frink
10-13-2004, 12:21 AM
UTG shows A /images/graemlins/heart.gif8 /images/graemlins/club.gif, slowplaying an ace. Which makes me wonder should i be betting out the turn here unimproved?

DownUnder
10-13-2004, 02:02 AM
I'd be worried about the turn check-raise meaning a slow-played set or two pair often enough to just call the raise. The more I think about it, your river bet is probably a good one for value when UTG slows down, although I suspect I would have checked behind myself.

Good to see another Aussie on the forum. By the way, don't post from UTG+2.

DU

Professor Frink
10-13-2004, 04:28 AM
What, wait two hands to play? /images/graemlins/grin.gif