PDA

View Full Version : KK with an over

jah0550
10-12-2004, 11:32 AM
Last night on Party. $10-10 handed. Hero is on UTG+3 with K /images/graemlins/club.gifK /images/graemlins/heart.gif.
UTG(775) and UTG+1(760) limp. Hero(790) raises to 75. 2 fold. MP+2(1100) calls. The rest fold to UTG and UTG+1 who both call.
Flop
3 /images/graemlins/diamond.gifQ /images/graemlins/heart.gifA /images/graemlins/club.gif
UTG checks. UTG+1 bets 50. Hero calls. MP+2 calls. UTG folds.
Turn
10 /images/graemlins/heart.gif
UTG+1 checks. Hero bets 275. MP+2 folds. UTG+1 thinks for a while then calls.
River
5 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif
UTG+1 moves all-in. Hero?

I'll post the results later.

Phill S
10-12-2004, 11:42 AM
it sucks but id fold.

likely holding: A5s

the guy just couldnt hold back his glee as he hit.

for what its worth, i would have played the hand on the assumption he had an ace from flop on, i call the small bet, maybe make a smallish bet on the turn when he checks (mainly so he doesnt go all in as a bluff on the river if he doesnt have me). then check call the river unless its a deep bet.

i dont think itd of worked here, but youd have saved a few chips. on the river i dont think you can call it. it puts you all in, you not committed, he could have a bare ace to beat you, he likely has more though. two pair or trip 5s are possibles in my mind.

i like to advocate the all or nothing plays in the early stages, but when you commit your entire stack on a call, with second pair, i think its asking for trouble.

Phill
ps, this is my 200th post, im glad it was a strategy one not an insulting one in its various guises. glad to be back to 2+2.

Cleveland Guy
10-12-2004, 11:49 AM
What were the blinds? A raise to 75 with 2 limpers, and the blinds still to act doesn't seem like a big raise to me.

I'm guessing this was first or second stage. Raise more pre-flop.

Fold to a big bet on the flop with the A out there.

jah0550
10-12-2004, 11:54 AM
Thanks for the info Phill. It took him a while to call on the turn. Usually on a low limit game at Party, a stall usually indicates a draw. I have found out that most low limit players will not use the "stall technique" when they have monster hands.

jah0550
10-12-2004, 11:56 AM
Sorry about that. Blinds were t15. The villian only bet 50 into a 300+ pot. Should I have raised his 50? In retrospect I should have, if not just to see where I stand.

Phill S
10-12-2004, 12:03 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Thanks for the info Phill. It took him a while to call on the turn. Usually on a low limit game at Party, a stall usually indicates a draw. I have found out that most low limit players will not use the "stall technique" when they have monster hands.

[/ QUOTE ]

i dont like lending to much credibility to stalls in peoples play, having jjust switched back to dial up from broadband i now can add another reason to the list, such as surfing the net, getting a drink, pulling up his trousers etc etc.

however, what do you think hes drawing on, hearts? why bet it all on the river. maybe the A5s was A5 of heats (didnt spot that beore, wish i did).

overall tho, i still think drawing or not (wow, maybe he had 24, boy thatd be bad, i digress) he probably hit, and if not, let the force be with him the next time he bluffs like that all in. you want to see the showdown, but not at this cost.

i leave the question of raising preflop to those who know party. ive seen many higher limit players make this raise, but perhaps bet more at lower limits, who knows. (not me)

Phill

jah0550
10-12-2004, 02:47 PM
any other thoughts?

housenuts
10-12-2004, 04:20 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

well he doesn't need a monster hand now. all he needs is Ax. he probably had Ace weak kicker. maybe the 5, and that's why he pushed on the river. you can't call here. but you gotta raise more preflop.

lastchance
10-12-2004, 07:27 PM
Easy fold. I woulda checked the turn.