PDA

View Full Version : What should I push with?

sofere
10-12-2004, 10:08 AM
Yesterday I was in a $5+.50 no limit MTT on pacific poker. I was stoked to make it to the final table (first one for me). There were 4 people left and I was very shortstacked (about T30-T35k with blinds at $10k). Everyone else with over T100k I was curious what you guys would push with. I was thinkin Ax Kx any suited connectors above 6-7 or above or Q8 or higher, J9 or J10. Normally I'm a lot more picky but I'm short stacked and need to double up or steal blinds quickly. I wound up pushing with K5o and lost to K9o. I'm very happy finishing 4th so I'm not too worked up about my push here, just curious.

The table was pretty tight aggressive, all decent to good players. I was able to make it to 4th from 10th by stealing a lot of blinds in all-in fold mode. Payouts were 4th - $170, 3rd $230, 2nd $450, 1st $740.

Thanks,
Sofere

Cleveland Guy
10-12-2004, 10:32 AM
IMO you did fine.

With 4 left, blinds are gonna eat your stack within the next 8-10 hands anyways. You have almost no fold equity against the BB, as he will call with almost any 2 here.

It's also tought to wait and move up 1 more spot, as the others are likely to dance around each other till you are gone or have doubled up.

This is where you have to Push and pray, and K high is better than a random hand

Bernas
10-12-2004, 12:14 PM
I would have done the same.

russian ace
10-12-2004, 12:19 PM
Your push there is fine. But you should have picked a hand before you got that short.

Ace

sofere
10-12-2004, 12:58 PM
K5 was the best hand I had gotten in about 2 or 3 cycles. This is why I'm asking what my minimum criteria should be.

Also, I had been in all-in fold mode for quite a while, but was never able to double up...just taking blinds, which kept me on life support while a couple other people got knocked out.

sofere
10-12-2004, 02:44 PM
Actually, thinking back, I think i wound up being short stacked because I got my blinds stolen pretty consistently by the 2 big stacks to my right. One thing I have to work on is defending my blinds, especially with a below avg stack. I think I tend to tighten up tremendously in these situations.