PDA

View Full Version : Bay 101 Super Satellite

loose passive
10-12-2004, 06:22 AM
I will be playing in the Bay 101 Super Satellite this saturday. Top 10 in tourney receive seats in the Bay 101 Open series coming up (4 tournies). There is also $$$ for the top ten.

http://www.bay101.com/v5/Supers101Open.html

Here is the tournament structure:
Players will receive one point for every $10 you win in our weekly tournaments. The player with the most points will start with $3000 in chips in the Super Satellite. $40 rebuys and 1 - $40 add-on are allowed in the Super Satellite and will be awarded as part of the prize pool. $40 rebuys for $1,000 in chips and 1 - $40 add-on for $2,000 in chips.

As far as I know this will be spread limit (pretty much NL).

My goal is to make the top ten to get the tourney seats. I have never played in a satellite tourney so I was looking for some advice regarding satelite strategy vs a regular tourney.

What adjustments would you make in your basic strategy? How should I play the rebuy period? What about bubble play? Tighten up to try and back in or take advantage of the players doing this? (I know this all depends on stack size and opponents)

Also if anybody has any info on some of the players in the tourney it would be appreciated.

Let me know if any of you are playing in this so we know to steer clear of each other.

Any advice is appreciated.

Loose