PDA

View Full Version : Flop top two pair....fold?

loose passive
10-12-2004, 06:20 AM
$6/12 - Bay 101
5 players see flop, all limp
I am BB with Q /images/graemlins/diamond.gif 5 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif

Flop Q /images/graemlins/spade.gif 5 /images/graemlins/spade.gif 2 /images/graemlins/spade.gif

I'm first to act and check. MP bets, MP+1 calls, Button rasies, SB folds........

Call, fold, raise?

Results......
Turn is a brick.......
River 5 /images/graemlins/club.gif

MP shows Q /images/graemlins/heart.gif 5 /images/graemlins/heart.gif - Full house
MP +1 shows 3 /images/graemlins/spade.gif 6 /images/graemlins/spade.gif - Flush
LP folds A /images/graemlins/spade.gif x

spamuell
10-12-2004, 07:41 AM
After a bet and a raise, can you put these players on less than a flopped flush?

loose passive
10-12-2004, 07:33 PM
That is what I figured and why I folded. I did get some flack from the other Q5, something about why didn't I play that hand. Bay 101 has some of the loosest players. We were usually 6 player seeing every flop.

On a side note, quick little story about a dick player. I was just about to leave but had one more free hand UTG. The player in the SB is eating food he just got a few hands back. When the BB hit him the dealer asked if he wanted to play or sit out. He posted the BB. Now I am UTG for my last hand (my chips are racked already. So now the guy eating his food decides he does not want to post the SB and screw me out of a hand. I'm sort of put off by that, but oh well its his right. What got me pissed though is when I go to leave the SB makes a move like he is going to post now. So I pause and start to sit down to get my free hand when the SB sees I am going to take the hand he pulls back his bet again. What kind of a dick move is this? /images/graemlins/mad.gif

Just had to get that one off my chest.

MoreWineII
10-12-2004, 07:39 PM
I could.

K /images/graemlins/heart.gif Q /images/graemlins/heart.gif bets, A /images/graemlins/spade.gifQ /images/graemlins/diamond.gif raises...

Evan
10-12-2004, 07:49 PM
I don't like the fold, I don't think you're gonna find many people that do. A ton of hands could bet here and a lot less than a flush could raise (i.e. AQ, any A/images/graemlins/spade.gif + pair). As for what to do, I would've lead out and tried to force baby spades out.

The reason I'm posting thugh is to tell you not to put the results in the original post, at least not so blatently. They will really influence the responses. Although I don't think you should fold regardless of what happened, I doubt you'll get anyone to say fold since we know you would've had a monster.