PDA

View Full Version : *Sorry Guys*

Jimbolito
10-12-2004, 01:59 AM
Is it possible to make money at party anymore?! I´m really startin to think I´m a bad player. And I know I´m not, but why dont I make any moeny anymore? These badbeats and outdrawns are killin me! I know you heard this [censored] before and are tired of it, but I have to write this, otherwise I will do something stupid like knock down the postman or something;)

I know all about variation,up and downswings, and you have to think longterm. But really, whats the odds of a runner runner str8? I really wanna know. I know it some time happen often, and other times not. Even several times in a row.

But when you have a good hand, or even a gr8, say a set. And your HU, and get aoutdrawn by a runner runner str8, or someone hits his pocket 4´s on river and draw you out. This happens far more frequently than it should. Ind yes I know you play more hands on the net thn i B&M, and if the games are loose you should expect more bad beats.

But when the least expected happens more than it should, something is wrong(!) It´s not right when your TPTK gets beaten by a runner runner str8 or a backdoorflush 4 out of ten times, or even more.

For now, I´m hardly stayin alive at the 3-6$. Maybe I´m not a great player, but if you play tight, U always play by the odds, now when to checkraise and when to not, know about semi-bluffing, and harldy never bluff. Shouldnt you at least make 1BB/h at this limit????! Cuz I´m startin to get freakin pissed! So far Iv´e thought, hey it will come to me. But NoNo, I´ll just keep payin my f***in rake and play for fun.

And no, I dont got PT, and will not get it, not now anyway, cuz my computer sux.

So after all this, I´m really convinced that the games are rigged over at party. In someway, the deals are at least not random. That the way I feel now anyway. And please save me from your sarcasm, cuz I know there´s plenty of it here.

I REALLY DONT WANNA GIVE UP POKER!!!!!! *cryin out loud*

bonanz
10-12-2004, 02:07 AM
ya know....

[ QUOTE ]
And please save me from your sarcasm

[/ QUOTE ]

...n/m

Jimbobobb
10-12-2004, 02:40 AM
The fact we probably share the same first name makes me sadface /images/graemlins/frown.gif

J_V
10-12-2004, 02:49 AM
Hi Jim, based on your post, you are CERTAINLY not a good player. If you don't believe me, you need to ask players you would consider good on this forum.

In your post, your hand descriptions were poor, your terminology was off, and you didn't know the odds of a backdoor straight (or seem to have a clue) how to figure it out. You simply need to know these things as they are just the basics for becoming decent.

What you need to do is realize that you are not playing as well as you think and are also running bad.

You can only correct the first part of the problem and you should do so, but studying Ed Miller's new book.

AncientPC
10-12-2004, 03:06 AM
OH MY GOSH I THINK PARTY IS RIGGED TOO!

Lawrence Ng
10-12-2004, 04:13 AM
I would just like reinforce without a doubt and hint of sarcasm that you are a bad player. Honestly and seriously.

Blarg
10-12-2004, 06:24 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I REALLY DONT WANNA GIVE UP POKER!!!!!! *cryin out loud*

[/ QUOTE ]

Don't give it up then. But expect less of it until you learn more.

The other day I posted that I thought I was down over $200 and it turned out I was up 30. Today I was again down about $200, but by the time I finished playing my session, I wound up winning 126.

Things take a long time to work out. Grief is commonplace in the poker universe even when you're a winner -- it really is. You'd better learn to adapt to it better.

What are the odds of a runner runner straight? Pretty good from what I've seen. And that's just tonight! What are the odds that you would flop a straight, a straight, and a flush in a short time, and guys would get runner runner on three of them to beat you three times in a row? If tonight's any indication, those odds must be pretty damn good! How about losing your hands on three out of four tables at the same time to people chasing with nothing, like the guy who chased me with 54 and hit a turn 5 and a river 4, or the other guy who didn't even have an inside straight till the turn, and then raised me on the igorant end of that inside straight on the turn and hit his card on the river? Higher than I expected. Yet somehow I still came out ahead. Just like when I was getting absolutely creamed yesterday.

The only thing that can counter that is skill and time. Time will be on your side if you have skill, but you need a lot of time, and you need the bankroll to hold out while you wait.

Skill is harder. Perhaps 3/6 is not the best place for you to be while you build it. You're perfectly capable of learning a lot at 2/4 and then applying it to 3/6 instead of just toughing it out at 3/6 and hoping you'll become a better player while you're there. You're capable of playing some 1/2 6-max to refine your game too. You have options.

If you're both getting pissed and not winning, you might be at the wrong level for your skills, bankroll, and temperament. Beware if you stay where you are while feeling like you do; it's a recipe for tilt coming in and devastating your bank roll.

Good luck, get your emotions under control, and buy pokertracker. You can run it even on pretty lousy computers and if you're a serious poker player, there's no reason denying yourself the use of that tool. Anyone playing at the 3/6 level can afford Pokertracker and is a serious enough player to benefit from it. And when you use it for a good long while and still aren't anywhere near 100,000 hands in it, it will drill a lot of perspective in you when experienced high-level posters say you start to get some idea of your win rate at 50,000 hands, but 100,000 hands is much better, and you're still not out of the woods at that point. That will show you how little a bad day, week, or month really counts in the scheme of things, and how silly it is to get upset about it.

Don't get upset about the way the other guy plays his cards. Just worry about how you play your own.

Trix
10-12-2004, 09:42 AM
[ QUOTE ]
But really, whats the odds of a runner runner str8? I really wanna know

[/ QUOTE ]

Depends what kind. If it´s the good ones, then I think it´s about 23:1.

[ QUOTE ]
This happens far more frequently than it should

[/ QUOTE ]

Not really..

[ QUOTE ]
So after all this, I´m really convinced that the games are rigged over at party. In someway, the deals are at least not random. That the way I feel now anyway. And please save me from your sarcasm, cuz I know there´s plenty of it here.

[/ QUOTE ]

For someone who says: [ QUOTE ]
I know all about variation,up and downswings, and you have to think longterm

[/ QUOTE ]
that statement doesnt make sense.

Dont know what more to say. Really not sure if you are a winning player or not. If you are, then it´s probably only slightly. If I were you and I wanted to continue playing I would drop down to .5/1 and start posting in the micro forum.

sluttysteve
10-12-2004, 10:29 AM
[ QUOTE ]
But when you have a good hand, or even a gr8, say a set.

[/ QUOTE ]

Do you really have to use gr8 as an abbreviation? Does it really save that much time over writing out "great"? It looks so silly.

bdk3clash
10-12-2004, 10:43 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Is it possible to make money at party anymore?!

[/ QUOTE ]

Sammy g seems to be doing OK. (http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showflat.php?Cat=&Number=1122052&page=0&view=colla psed&sb=5&o=14&fpart=1)

Jimbolito
10-12-2004, 03:42 PM
Ok, now I feel I really would like to have PT so I can tell if it´s my bad play or just a bad run that keeps me away from the moeny. But I have a PII 350MHz. Will I really be able to run PT on this ancient machine? I mean the database will grow quite large after some time.

And also, is Ed miller´s book really a must to beat this level? I really dont think so. Why I ask is cuz I placed an order of statking and HPFAP a couple of days ago here on 2+2, and dont wanna make another soo soon.

bdk3clash
10-12-2004, 03:57 PM
You certainly don't need SSH to beat small stakes games, but the concepts within it are essential to crushing them.