PDA

View Full Version : My first NL at Paradise (long)

03-18-2002, 07:45 PM
I've read some posts about the easy NL on Paradise, so i decide to give it a try. I have only played NL in tourneys.

I choose a table with low stacks, not much more than 50 by each of the 9 players. I play a half an hour and my stack is now around 80. I look at KdQd and put in a small raise from early position. Called by button and BB. Around $5 in the pot. Flop comes QQ9. I bet $5 Button raise to 10, BB folds and I raise 10 more. Called by Button. Turn x. I check. Button goes all-in and i call. A bit over $100 in the pot.

Lucky me spike a K on the river and beats his Q9.

First warning.....

10 minutes later i see the flop with Ac9c with two others. Flop comes beautiful with A98r. There is $5 in the pot. UTG bets 5, UTG+1 call and i raise to 25. Imidiately reraised by UTG to a bit over 50. The other guy folds and i call. UTG now have around $10 left which he bets after Turn shows a 3. I call. well over $100 in the pot. River blank and i take the pot with my A9. He had KJo!!!!!!! No pair, not even a draw. hmmmmmm....

An hour later i call a small raise with 7c8c in late position with BB and UTG. $3 in the pot. Flop comes 69T with 2 diamonds. WOW, flopped nut str8. BB checks, UTG bet $2. I think for a second or two if i should close out the flushdraw, but decide to let one off free and just call. Now the amasing thing happends. There is $7 in the pot and BB now goes ALL-IN with $85. UTG imidiately folds. I simply cant figure out why he made this bet. But i guess he must have a set or a crazyman with a flushdraw - who knows..... Well i call and take down a $180 pot with my flopped nut straight. He shoved his hand. KTo - A PAIR OF tens - not a single diamond!!!!. He actually put in $85 to win $7. WOW.

After 3 hours i log out, an expierience and $350 richer.

Ok, i was damn lucky in my first big pot to get a K on the river, but rest was just crazy or maybe Im just too unexpierienced in NL to know the smart moves they made. Maybe i will have to come back here and tell how i got busted for my last buck, but until then you will find me at the Paradise NL tables.

03-19-2002, 03:05 AM
Nice going. PP sounds like a real treat...

Do you remember the players names? And care to share them?

Greets, Stephan

03-19-2002, 05:22 AM
No, i dont remember right now, but i have notes in my playerbase so i dont forget if i meet them again.

And will I share them? No. Not because you must not know, but because I feel its inappropiate. I wouldn't like my name to be put in public so people could hunt me down at the tables.

So i guess you have to find your own fishes /images/wink.gif

03-19-2002, 05:32 AM
Point taken, I appreciate your response nonetheless. Even more, because you have a very valid point and seem to be quite integer.

Good luck and enjoy.

Stephan