PDA

View Full Version : Is this a big fat leak in my game?

Grisgra
10-12-2004, 01:05 AM
Not 3-betting the flop after a raise and coldcaller when I don't have top kicker . . .

Party Poker 5/10 Hold'em (6 max, 6 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is SB with Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 9/images/graemlins/spade.gif.
UTG calls, <font color="666666">2 folds</font>, Button calls, Hero completes, BB checks.

Flop: (4 SB) 9/images/graemlins/club.gif, 5/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 8/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(4 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">BB raises</font>, UTG folds, Button calls, Hero calls.

Turn: (5 BB) 4/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="CC3333">BB bets</font>, Button calls, Hero calls.

River: (8 BB) A/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
Hero checks, BB checks, Button checks.

Final Pot: 8 BB
<font color="green">Main Pot: 8 BB, between Button, Hero and BB.</font> &gt; <font color="white">Pot won by Hero (8 BB).</font>

Results in white below: <font color="white">
Hero has Qh 9s (one pair, nines).
BB has Jd 9d (one pair, nines).
Button has 6h 8h (one pair, eights).
Outcome: Hero wins 8 BB. </font>

Nemesis
10-12-2004, 01:50 AM
Doesn't look like a leak. I think 3 betting the flop is reasonable, but not necessary. If he caps and leads the turn i think a laydown is easy.

J.R.
10-12-2004, 02:38 AM
Maybe the bigger leak is that you don't have a read on the big blind, which is a very important factor in 6-max games. I think the flop call is fine as there are many turn cards that will be difficult for you to play out of position, but I would strongly consider checkraising the turn blank. I would lean towards a checkraise against an unkown big blind, but which turn line is best is much clearer if you have a read on the big blind.

I don't care for the preflop play either, but it is not a big leak.

Grisgra
10-12-2004, 09:56 AM
Not really a leak to not have a read on the big blind at that point, but I agree that it would be good to have. I'll consider checkraising the turn next time.

Preflop, the call was super-marginal -- I usually don't play Q9o on the button, and even if I'm going to play it I might have done better to raise it. (If I'm going to be loose, I might as well be loose-aggressive.)

Trix
10-12-2004, 10:16 AM
I would 3bet the flop, as too many cards can prevent me from CRing the turn.
I limp complete this after one limper, but need QT or JT usually after two.

Nikla
10-12-2004, 11:47 PM
I limp it pre no matter how many people see flop. I would 3-bet this flop every single time. Mainly because I think I have the best hand but also because the rest of the hand is easier to play if u make it 3 on flop.

imitation
10-12-2004, 11:53 PM
Gee I thought Q9o was an autocomplete for everyone everytime and I thought I played fairly tight in the SB. I might be more hesitant in a 1/3 blind structure but still....