PDA

View Full Version : Stuck on a steal

imitation
10-12-2004, 12:33 AM
I find I often get stuck trying to steal and feel like I fire the last barrell to often, maybe I just have selective memory, but I didn't like this hand at all.

Button in this hand is LAG preflop and average agr postflop(ie bet if checked to and PF raiser), but i've noticed hasn't been seeing show down much without a decent hand.

I get Ac7c in the BB
MP limper, Button raises, I call, MP calls.

flop is
2s4s6c
I check, MP check, Button bets, I raise, MP folds, Button calls.

turn
Jc
I bet, button calls.

river
Td
I bet, button calls

I don't know what I should do on this river...I don't hate the way I played the rest of the hand terribly though.

imitation
10-12-2004, 04:57 AM
Bump, cmon this hands awesome I typed it out by hand and everything.

naphand
10-12-2004, 07:53 AM
You forgot to add nice icons /images/graemlins/spade.gif /images/graemlins/diamond.gif /images/graemlins/heart.gif /images/graemlins/club.gif

ALL1N
10-12-2004, 11:28 AM
I don't think I ever bet this river.

Trix
10-12-2004, 01:17 PM
Why bet the river ? Itīs not like he will fold a better hand ever if he made it this far...
For me the river will be a deciosion between check-calling or check-folding. Probably check-calling till I know his betting standards in this situation.

Benjamin
10-12-2004, 02:59 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Why bet the river ? Itīs not like he will fold a better hand ever if he made it this far...
For me the river will be a deciosion between check-calling or check-folding. Probably check-calling till I know his betting standards in this situation.

[/ QUOTE ]

I mostly agree, but you might get a better ace to fold there occasionally, don't you think? Maybe not often against a LAG. Check/calling or check folding would be my standard, and I'm with you on the check/calling being favored until I get a tighter read on him.

B.