PDA

View Full Version : ATs - First In PF, Hit A Ten on the Flop - Doing all I can to win.

Sarge85
10-11-2004, 11:22 PM
Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (10 handed)

Preflop: Hero is MP2 with A/images/graemlins/spade.gif, T/images/graemlins/spade.gif.
UTG folds, UTG+1 folds, UTG+2 folds, MP1 folds, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, MP3 folds, CO folds, <font color="CC3333">Button 3-bets</font>, SB folds, BB calls, Hero calls.

First into a pot, suited ace reasonable kicker, Good spot to raise. Three Bet by an unknown, I call the raise. Pot Expands...

Flop: (9.50 SB) 9/images/graemlins/club.gif, T/images/graemlins/club.gif, 5/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">BB bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, Button calls, <font color="CC3333">BB 3-bets</font>, Hero ???

Top Pair Top Kicker - Highly Coordinated Board.

Question. Is this a rare spot to fold top-pair top kicker?

Mighty nice pot to be going away - but WTF, I certainly don't look good. - and if I am good....how long will it last.

Sarge/images/graemlins/diamond.gif

Rubeskies
10-11-2004, 11:24 PM
You have to at least call the flop 3-bet. You have a back door flush draw and a pair. Should you whiff on the turn then you might be able to think about folding.

donny5k
10-11-2004, 11:27 PM
Everything he said, plus the fact that you have position makes it so you have to call the 3-bet. If you're behind, you have 5 outs plus a backdoor nut flush draw (so about 6 - 6.5 outs). I think you might as well call down against an unknown rather than trying to save 2 BB in a pretty nice sized pot.

Edit: Now that I looked at it again, what could BB have that cold-calls 2 raises and leads/3-bets. He is either a bad player or a really tricky/weird player if he's doing this with JJ-AA. 99,TT,9T, and a big flush draw are all possible as well. Or he could just be one of those maniacs.

sublime
10-11-2004, 11:27 PM
Question. Is this a rair spot to fold top-pair top kicker?

Nope /images/graemlins/wink.gif

Nate tha' Great
10-11-2004, 11:52 PM
I don't know why you'd want to fold this.

Button just called; that seems good.

BB could have any number of hands, including AT, KT, QT, JT, a flush and/or straight draw. He needn't have a monster here. Remember that mediocre made hands tend to play a little faster on a draw-heavy flop, especially when out of position. It doesn't take a maniac to play KT fast here.

My default play would be to call the 3-bet with the intention of raising a blank turn. Folding doesn't enter the picture.

Fnord
10-12-2004, 04:25 AM
I'm weak and I wouldn't fold this. The only issue here is when/if we pop him again.