PDA

View Full Version : WORST....FOLD.....EVER!!!!

Daliman
10-11-2004, 09:52 PM
Ah, the dangers of 4 tabling.....

rny:6436126 Level:1 Blinds(10/15) - Monday, October 11, 21:41:30 EDT 2004
Table Table 11186 (Real Money)
Seat 1 is the button
Total number of players : 9
Seat 1: rebenido ( $975 )
Seat 2: txfiretx ( $970 )
Seat 4: EvilDeadMony ( $955 )
Seat 5: WildWilly51 ( $1000 )
Seat 6: PokerMill ( $1320 )
Seat 7: cheeselog7 ( $1075 )
Seat 8: gentilevince ( $2015 )
Seat 9: DarkStargasm ( $955 )
Seat 10: marshall2102 ( $735 )
Trny:6436126 Level:1
Blinds(10/15)
** Dealing down cards **
Dealt to DarkStargasm [ Ac As ]
>You have options at Table 12083 Table!.
WildWilly51 calls [15].
PokerMill raises [50].
cheeselog7 folds.
gentilevince calls [50].
DarkStargasm folds.
marshall2102 folds.
rebenido folds.
txfiretx calls [40].
EvilDeadMony folds.
WildWilly51 calls [35].
** Dealing Flop ** [ Ah, Js, 8s ]
txfiretx checks.
>You have options at Table 11893 Table!.
WildWilly51 checks.
DarkStargasm: damn
PokerMill bets [75].
>You have options at Table 12083 Table!.
gentilevince calls [75].
txfiretx calls [75].
WildWilly51 calls [75].
** Dealing Turn ** [ Ad ]
txfiretx checks.
>You have options at Table 11087 Table!.
WildWilly51 checks.
PokerMill bets [75].
DarkStargasm: OMFG
gentilevince folds.
txfiretx calls [75].
WildWilly51: hey idiot peoiple are still playing
WildWilly51 calls [75].
** Dealing River ** [ Td ]
txfiretx checks.
>You have options at Table 11893 Table!.
WildWilly51 checks.
PokerMill checks.
txfiretx shows [ 3s, Qs ] a pair of aces.
WildWilly51 shows [ Qh, Th ] two pairs, aces and tens.
PokerMill shows [ Kd, Jd ] two pairs, aces and jacks.
PokerMill wins 740 chips from the main pot with two pairs, aces and jacks.

oops.

willie
10-11-2004, 10:03 PM
haha.

lastchance
10-11-2004, 10:14 PM
haha. So funny. Wow.

Allinlife
10-11-2004, 10:18 PM
You have options at Table 12083 Table!.
You have options at Table 11893 Table!.
You have options at Table 11087 Table!.

Daliman = /images/graemlins/confused.gif

heh..I try to go for checkraise sometimes only to realize I was the last one to act on the river.

Daliman
10-11-2004, 10:43 PM
As it turned out, i ended up in 3rd anyways, so i consider it no harm no foul. FUnny that 10 hands later i LOST with aces, of course, for the 6th straight time.

Daliman
10-11-2004, 10:46 PM
yah, i was thinking on a tuff hand on one table. The lag wasnt as bad as it looks during that hand.

Allinlife
10-11-2004, 11:01 PM
hell, 6 is nothing daliman, you have long way to go if you keep folding hands like quad aces /images/graemlins/tongue.gif

The Yugoslavian
10-11-2004, 11:18 PM
Looks pretty standard to me.

I'll let others elaborate.

Daliman
10-11-2004, 11:23 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Looks pretty standard to me.

I'll let others elaborate.

[/ QUOTE ]

No, please do, as I am confused as to your meaning.

Allinlife
10-11-2004, 11:56 PM
I think he was being sarcastic

sorry to bug you again daliman, but another thought of the hand....at least you can say
"Quad aces" when you get into a
"biggest lay down" discussion /images/graemlins/grin.gif

Daliman
10-12-2004, 12:04 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I think he was being sarcastic

sorry to bug you again daliman, but another thought of the hand....at least you can say
"Quad aces" when you get into a
"biggest lay down" discussion /images/graemlins/grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Actually, it's the second time this WEEK i folded quad aces.

Course, the other time board was AA3AA and i had 68o in the BB that i folded on the river.....

eastbay
10-12-2004, 03:08 AM
Stop being so results oriented.

eastbay

10-12-2004, 08:20 AM
well, technically, you didn't fold quad Aces... you folded 2 Aces. The fact that they turned into quads, well, that's a diff subject. I agree, very results oriented, lol.

Gavin Griffin

stripsqueez
10-12-2004, 08:31 AM
i folded the best straight flush on the river once because i didnt notice my flush included a straight and i was sure the other guy had the best flush - the other guy did have the best flush but strangely it still felt crappy

i'm with wildwilly that you should keep your mouth shut

stripsqueez - chickenhawk

The Yugoslavian
10-12-2004, 09:47 AM
Yeah, I was attempting sarcasm on a message board.

The lesson?

I'm a moron (as usual).

Phill S
10-12-2004, 11:20 AM
ive long wondered, and hopefully someone can answer, what is it with the you have options at message, ive seen it a few times when going through hand histories off teamfu and such and never got it. just what are the options, why do you want them, and why does it tell you you have them?

the one thing i would say, i dont like people who give away what they would of had after a hand - its a bit of i dont care, and so what weve all been there.

telling people you had an ace during it, when two turned up is somewhere between rude, crude and down right bad ettiquette (and thats if i dont want to be censored here when saying this).

Phill

The Yugoslavian
10-12-2004, 11:26 AM
The options message means that you have a decision to make at another table. If you have never multitabled (played more than one table at a time) then you would never have had the opportunity to see the message pop up.

As far as people saying they had the A or whatever when three come on the flop, I think it's much less rude/crude than what is said most of the time on PP. Generally it is sort of a neat "I would have had quads," too bad I didn't call statement.

Phill S
10-12-2004, 11:33 AM
[ QUOTE ]
The options message means that you have a decision to make at another table. If you have never multitabled (played more than one table at a time) then you would never have had the opportunity to see the message pop up.

As far as people saying they had the A or whatever when three come on the flop, I think it's much less rude/crude than what is said most of the time on PP. Generally it is sort of a neat "I would have had quads," too bad I didn't call statement.

[/ QUOTE ]

never multied on party (well to be fair never played cash on party yet). ta for the answer tho, been bugging me a while.

and yes, its not the worst ive seen written on a table, but if you come on here id like to think you have the sence and good manners to realise its not the done thing. making these comments during a hand is for me about the lowest you can go, almost as bad as telling someone how youll play out of turn. it may not seem that bad, but it can and does influence a hand dramatically.

Phill

znup
10-12-2004, 12:03 PM
Can't agree enough. Very serious breach of etiquette!

You told PokerMill that at least one of the Aces was out so he bet second pair. Then on the turn you confirmed that at least 3 were gone. If I were him I would have bet it also. You should be seriously ashamed about your collusion (intentional or not) with him.

Grivan
10-12-2004, 12:33 PM
If you really think damn=I had an ace, then I will start saying random stuff whenever I fold preflop... Maybe it will make people bust earlier in and increase my equity.

znup
10-12-2004, 12:45 PM
The ethics this time aren't what they thought it's what you do. You knew you had the A (in this case two). You said you had one (at least).

I'm not saying you couldn't come up with some strategy to angleshoot like this (represent a folded ace to knock one of the play left out). I'm saying you (Dali) gave info to a player left in the hand. That's wrong.

Daliman
10-12-2004, 03:34 PM
This is true, but you'll notice i never said I had an ace, never made a direct comment on the board, and could have had many different hands that looked good with that board, many of which most do not fold to a 50 chip raise. I could have just as easily been commenting on hearing Ken Caminiti or Christopher Reeve dying, and have done so in similar instances in chat on numerous occasions.

Daliman
10-12-2004, 03:44 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Can't agree enough. Very serious breach of etiquette!

You told PokerMill that at least one of the Aces was out so he bet second pair. Then on the turn you confirmed that at least 3 were gone. If I were him I would have bet it also. You should be seriously ashamed about your collusion (intentional or not) with him.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is completely incorrect. I could have just as easily had 88, JJ, J8 or 9Ts with that comment, and considering all I said was "damn" anyways on the flop, it could mean literally ANYTHING. OMFG on the turn might have been a BIT more telling, but again, I could have had either other set, chatted in the wrong box,(which i do on a consistant basis), or been talking about something else completely different. Considering the pot winner checked the river, he obviously didn't put too much stock into 3 aces being out, not to mention the fact that this guy raised from UTG+1 with KJd, and FINALLY considering the fact that about ten hands later he called my reraise from the BB preflop from 90 to 300 with ATs, i doubt he was thinking anything other than"i have a good hand!"

Chill with the Don Quixote complex. Sometimes, they ARE just windmills.

Daliman
10-12-2004, 03:48 PM
[ QUOTE ]
The ethics this time aren't what they thought it's what you do. You knew you had the A (in this case two). You said you had one (at least).

I'm not saying you couldn't come up with some strategy to angleshoot like this (represent a folded ace to knock one of the play left out). I'm saying you (Dali) gave info to a player left in the hand. That's wrong.

[/ QUOTE ]

Again, PLEASE tell me where i said "I had an ace". Like AN ace was the hammer here...

Something tells me the 10+1er's are getting a bit oversensitive.

ddubois
10-12-2004, 04:07 PM
It doesn't seem that you care to listen to what we have to say, but I will concur with the other posters. Chatting as you did while the hand was in progress was was entirely inappropriate. You can argue your response to the first ace on the flop was ambiguous, but responding to the second ace was anything but.

Whenever I feel an uncontrollable urge to comment on my hole cards, I universally type out what I have to say, wait until all possible action on the hand is complete, then hit enter.