PDA

View Full Version : DirecTV install

CrazyEyez
10-11-2004, 08:50 PM
I'm getting DTV in a couple weeks. Two rooms, one of which is going to have a Tivo receiver.

I was hoping to use the existing "in-wall" cable in my house, which IS RG6. But I just realized that for the full Tivo functionality, I need two inputs to that receiver. Will the installer be able to run the dish feed through the single cable to the Tivo room, and split it coming out of the wall? I understand that splitting a sat signal is not as simple as splitting cable. But can it be done? Or should I just have the guy start from scratch?

GuyOnTilt
10-11-2004, 09:31 PM
The DirectTV guys that come out to install will figure it out. They do this dozens of times a month, so they've seen just about everything; just let them do their job. The guys that came out to my condo didn't half-ass it; they did their job well. If there's a possible problem, they'll be sure to find a fix 'cause if they mess something out, they'll have to come back free of charge.

Remember to tip if they do their job well. Blue-collared workers don't get paid nearly enough for the type of work they do day in and day out.

GoT