PDA

View Full Version : NL Question

03-16-2002, 05:39 PM
.50/1 paradise NL game

UTG raises to 2, early positon raises to 9... I have AhKh on the button, I call. UTG calls. 3 handed flop.

Jh 8h x.

UTG Bets out 15, early position raiser makes it 30...my play?

Results to follow

03-16-2002, 07:28 PM

03-16-2002, 09:43 PM
sorry, as I said I am new to No Limit.

I had 100, early raiser had 150, and utg had about 100 as well.

03-17-2002, 08:43 AM
Depends how you like to play the game.

Probably best to raise allin in this spot. I would prefer to put it allin and see if they can take the heat. A set will call, and knowing some of these games pocket 3s will call (joke sortof).

You do not want to call, and then miss on the turn and have to fold. Nor do you want to hit the turn and have them fold.

Put it allin, or say this nolimit is too scary for me, fold and leave the table.

Others feel free to disagree.

03-17-2002, 09:44 PM
Well I put it all in on the flop, got called by UTG, and overcalled by other raiser. Turn was a Heart, and river was a Heart. UTG showed Pocket Aces, other raise had QQ, and i Take down a sweet pot. QUestion...should UTG have pushed all In preflop, or made a significantly large raise? I probably would have folded if this had happened. Comments welcome.

03-17-2002, 10:50 PM
If i was UTG with the AA i would make it at least $35 or $40, but depending on image at the time, may have moved allin preflop.

This ensures that you either take it down straight away (and with AA out of position agaisnt 2 players thats a very good result), or better yet the QQ calls and he doubles. Certainly shuts you out though.