PDA

View Full Version : CrisBrown is the worst poster of the forums.

Poker blog
10-11-2004, 07:28 PM
Subject says it all really. I can't think of any other poster who consistently posts wrong, false or misleading posts that sound good. She's even worse than a troll because you could easily believe her.

nolanfan34
10-11-2004, 07:44 PM
Where do you rank then? Nice content you've added through this post.

If you think someone is making poor posts, related to strategy, then the point of this forum is to discuss and correct the errors. When I make a post about playing a certain hand, I certainly hope others will alert me to when I'm wrong.

What I would hope they don't do, is make posts like yours. Cause I already know I'm the 128th worst poster on these forums.

Boris
10-11-2004, 07:48 PM
I'm not sure why you feel the need to come down so hard on crisbrown. If her posts are so far off base then it is probably good practice for you to understand why. If you think crisbrown posts are highly informative and spot on then I say welcome to the poker world. In fact the more I think about it, crisbrown might actually be one of the better posters on 2+2, just not for the same reasons S, M & Z and other bona fide experts are considered valuable posters.

Stork
10-11-2004, 07:55 PM
I'd like to nominate you for the worst poster on this forum.

Blarg
10-11-2004, 08:26 PM
Personal attack posts are very wrong and would really take these forums on a bad downward turn. Sole exception might be if someone is doing something like cheating on rakeback or something. That's both poker-related and important.

For what it's worth, I haven't seen any bad CrisBrown posts yet, but have seen a number of good ones. She seems quite bright, so I'm always willing to give her posts careful consideration.

sammysusar
10-11-2004, 09:01 PM
hes a hell of a football player though

Tyler Durden
10-11-2004, 09:24 PM
Yea, nice TD scamper w/ less than two minutes gone.

Terry Funk
10-11-2004, 09:43 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Subject says it all really. I can't think of any other poster who consistently posts wrong, false or misleading posts that sound good. She's even worse than a troll because you could easily believe her.

[/ QUOTE ]

You are absolutely right. Almost all of Cris Brown's poker advice is completely wrong. When people explain to her and prove that she is mathematically wrong, she argues incessantly. El Diablo and AJo All-In can vouch for that fact.

I commend Pokerblog for his excellent post. He is helping us by warning people about the CrisBrown troll. It is good that he warns the newbies not to follow her costly advice.

If you get offended by Pokerblog's post, then tough shit. This ain't Sunday school. If you get easily offended, then I suspect you will tilt easily when someone chastises you at the poker table.

Blarg
10-11-2004, 10:05 PM
[ QUOTE ]
If you get offended by Pokerblog's post

[/ QUOTE ]

You're missing the big picture in a big way.

It doesn't matter who the poster is. Complaints about their logic can easily be given inside the threads objectionable material is found in. That way it's specific and arguable.

Creating attack threads doesn't address anything specific, so isn't very valuable. The topic is basically, "I don't like you." What good does that do? What bad does it do? Well, it can drag a forum down into competing bitchy sides, enemy-making, and rallying behind people, none of which has anything to do with poker and most of which is a mean-spirited waste of time.

Really, we can turn our own lives into sewers all we want. But spreading the filth doesn't help anybody.

Again, it has nothing at all to do with who the poster is, and if something that poster says bears refuting, it not only can be adequately done within that very thread, but is logically by far the best place to do it.

"Just Say No" to grudge threads and personal attack posts.

Nate tha' Great
10-11-2004, 10:09 PM
[ QUOTE ]
If you get offended by Pokerblog's post, then tough shit. This ain't Sunday school. If you get easily offended, then I suspect you will tilt easily when someone chastises you at the poker table.

[/ QUOTE ]

I nominate this for the worst-written paragraph in this thread.

Fat Bottomed Girls
10-11-2004, 10:37 PM
Thank you for your informative post. It is now proven that CrisBrown is the worst poster of the forum.

But we should give her a chance to redeem herself. I challenge Cris to a modeling contest.

I give her 3-1 odds as long as she doesn't cheat. No implants allowed.

Poker blog
10-11-2004, 10:46 PM
Some of you are upset by my post. I can understand why: it is an attack, that can't be helped.

But CrisBrown is a kind of troll, albeit an intelligent and articulate troll. She writes so well I almost believe her strategy posts even though I know them to be wrong. She is inflammatory, accuses others, and usually off-base.

If you disagree, then I urge you to reread the child raping thread.

Fat Bottomed Girls
10-11-2004, 10:48 PM
I think CrisBrown's daughter is Elizabeth-Anne.

Poker blog
10-11-2004, 10:50 PM
[ QUOTE ]

Creating attack threads doesn't address anything specific, so isn't very valuable. The topic is basically, "I don't like you." What good does that do? What bad does it do?

[/ QUOTE ] I respect your point, but I do think there is a danger because CrisBrown presents -- and defends -- her views quite well.

I'm just trying to warn people.

Duke
10-11-2004, 11:35 PM
[ QUOTE ]
The topic is basically, "I don't like you."

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't like you either. You just watch yourself. We're wanted men. I have the death sentence on 12 systems.

I'll be careful.

You'll be DEAD!

~D

AJo Go All In
10-11-2004, 11:48 PM
[ QUOTE ]
For what it's worth, I haven't seen any bad CrisBrown posts yet, but have seen a number of good ones. She seems quite bright, so I'm always willing to give her posts careful consideration.

[/ QUOTE ]

dude, i think you have proven his point exactly.

Justin A
10-12-2004, 01:17 AM
[ QUOTE ]

For what it's worth, I haven't seen any bad CrisBrown posts yet, but have seen a number of good ones. She seems quite bright, so I'm always willing to give her posts careful consideration. [ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I was thinking the same thing. She's a very good writer, so her posts can give the illusion that she's right on the mark.

That being said, we could do without the original post. I agree personal attacks do not have a place here.

Justin A

Justin A
10-12-2004, 01:21 AM
[ QUOTE ]
If you get offended by Pokerblog's post, then tough [censored]. This ain't Sunday school. If you get easily offended, then I suspect you will tilt easily when someone chastises you at the poker table. [ QUOTE ]
I nominate this for the worst-written paragraph in this thread.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I second that.

Justin A

Daliman
10-12-2004, 02:59 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
The topic is basically, "I don't like you."

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't like you either. You just watch yourself. We're wanted men. I have the death sentence on 12 systems.

I'll be careful.

You'll be DEAD!

~D

[/ QUOTE ]

Damn you Duke!

This is gonna haunt me all night!

I'm thinking Star Wars though!?! /images/graemlins/confused.gif

Yes, think so.

Ah free of the torment.

(A bit annoyed i didn't get it sooner, but I literally have not seen that movie in 18 years.

Blarg
10-12-2004, 05:19 AM
[ QUOTE ]

Quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I was thinking the same thing. She's a very good writer, so her posts can give the illusion that she's right on the mark.

That being said, we could do without the original post. I agree personal attacks do not have a place here.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's all I was saying. I have no idea what posts they're talking about. I skip the religion threads and never heard of any child raping post, and sure don't want to do a search on it either. Regardless, personal attack posts just seem cheesy and can bring the tone of a place down to rock bottom very quickly, and once it's there, it's really hard to bring it up again.

Poker blog
10-12-2004, 05:31 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
I agree that I could and should have worded my point more articulately and less harshly.

Still, I think the points remains and is valid.

nothumb
10-12-2004, 05:46 AM
If she's articulate and convincing and still wrong, doesn't she just keep all you nits on your toesies???

I read the child-rape thread and I could give a poop about either of their (Chris' or Paul's) opinions, it was stupid from the jump. For Paul to call her out as a cheater was a low blow and I probably would have responded similarly, especially since he could have just declined and left it rather than elaborating in such a condescending and bitchy way.

Anyway, again, I think there is a shortage of literate and articulate people in this world and especially on the internet. If she's consistently 100% wrong, you should be able to prove it. I know it gets frustrating sometimes, but I'd rather argue with someone who can put a sentence together, even if they are (as you all seem to imply) completely full of crap. I'd love to see some links to theory posts or hand analyses where she was completely, viciously, and destructively wrong to the point that no constructive discussion evolved from the thread. Then maybe I'll reconsider.

Until then, I think a tie for 'worst poster' should go to all the semi-literate, emotionally stunted, compulsively masturbating mongoloids searching desperately for mistakes or errors to exploit and people to attack on an internet forum rather than addressing the gaping, soul-sucking void that their lives have become.

NT

Lawrence Ng
10-12-2004, 06:17 AM
A nice +1 thread..

+1.

Dan Mezick
10-12-2004, 08:18 AM
Have you considered naming the best poster on 2+2?

Have you considered creating a post with your top 10?

Have you considered putting together a thread with the top 100 posts of all time?

If not why not?

I like the CrisBrown posts, although the Scrabble challenge to Paul Phillips was a little overdone in terms of hesaid-shesaid dynamics. I mean, he just loved it and we went sideways for 9 days with that.

Fat Bottomed Girls
10-12-2004, 08:37 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

So I see you have a new strategy for picking up girls on the internet.

Fat Bottomed Girls
10-12-2004, 08:39 AM
See Pokerblog, all these people know you're right, but they all want to act like a "chivalrous white knight" and try to defend an idiot. If CrisBrown wasn't a woman, these people wouldn't even be responding.

Fat Bottomed Girls
10-12-2004, 08:42 AM
Look at all these chauvanistic idiots in this thread. What? CrisBrown can't speak for herself?

gergery
10-12-2004, 09:10 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Look at all these chauvanistic idiots in this thread. What? CrisBrown can't speak for herself?

[/ QUOTE ]

Dude, that is one nasty picture.

Fat Bottomed Girls
10-12-2004, 09:12 AM
Thanks /images/graemlins/grin.gif

Blarg
10-12-2004, 05:56 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I agree that I could and should have worded my point more articulately and less harshly.

Still, I think the points remains and is valid.

[/ QUOTE ]

It couldn't have less to do with your point. Your point is meaningless.

You clearly picked the wrong way to make it. That's the mistake. Whatever your point is about or whatever you think the merits is of it doesn't change that at all. Again, your point is irrelevant . What matters is the exceptionally lousy way you chose to make it, and how that kind of thing drags down open discussion.

If you had a point to make, it would be much better made in the threads you object to, where the information is there to be analyzed and debated, instead of throwing it out into empty space so people who don't even know anything about some one will be encouraged to dislike and disparage them without any real reason why. As incredibly lousy an idea as posting a personal attack thread was, you could at least have provided links to what you were talking about and then addressed those materials specifically instead of just throwing hate out into the open air among strangers. The way you did it is little more than throwing a rattlesnake into the middle of a crowded room.

Stop justifying the premise of attack threads by saying the person is really, really bad. That's not the point. At all..

Blarg
10-12-2004, 05:59 PM
[ QUOTE ]
So I see you have a new strategy for picking up girls on the internet.

[/ QUOTE ]

Didn't they invent a religion for people who can't even think about a female, even over the internet, where half the women are probably men, without compulsively thinking like that?

I think the only person who gives a damn about the sex of CrisBrown is you, and if anyone has shown chauvinism, you've just done it completely and utterly, and repeatedly in a very short space in this thread.

See all the good these stupid threads leads to?

Scotch78
10-14-2004, 02:49 AM
Haven't read the child rape, scrabble or theory posts, but her religions posts are second in quality only to Kopefire's.

Scott