PDA

View Full Version : 42o- dominating!

03-16-2002, 04:52 AM
This isn't so much a post for critique as a "ain't that a trip?" Advice on play is always welcome, of course.

$50 max buyin table at PP. I'm high stack at the table with 98, one guy with 67, rest with 40-45 and a guy that's near busting out.

Dealt 42o in the Big blind. 2UTG limps ($67 stack), cut-off checks a post-in, small blind calls. I check.

Flop- [ 3c 4d 2s ]

huh. I bet $2, cutoff & SC call. hm.

Turn- [Td]

I'd be happy taking the pot now. I bet $10 into the $7.50 pot. Cutoff folds, SB calls (~35 left in his stack).

River [2]. SB bets all-in... ??? 44? 33? 22??? I gotta see this. I call, and he shows me 32o. I take it down. He tells me a minute later that he's got me on a straight when he boats up... such are the perils of playing out-of-position I suppose.

I can't say I've seen everything yet, but I'm now one step closer!

I would appreciate advice actually... can I call there? I vaguely recall playing with this guy before, he didn't stand out in my memory of excellent, nor did he strike me as a fish. I'm only beating 32, maybe an overconfident straight, unless he figures me for garbage, but 42/32 are the only hands I'd think he call the whole way with- wouldn't he spring the trap on the turn if he hit had trips?

2ndGoat