PDA

View Full Version : 55 with multi-way action.

TripleH68
10-11-2004, 05:26 PM
PokerStars 2/4 Hold'em (9 handed)

UTG is laggy and tends to carry hands too far. SB has not played many hands, no read beyond that.

Preflop: Hero is MP3 with 5/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 5/images/graemlins/heart.gif.
UTG calls, <font color="CC3333">UTG+1 raises</font>, MP1 calls, <font color="666666">1 fold</font>, Hero calls, <font color="CC3333">CO 3-bets(all-in)</font>, <font color="666666">1 fold</font>, SB calls, <font color="666666">1 fold</font>, UTG calls, UTG+1 calls, MP1 calls, <font color="CC3333">Hero caps</font>, SB calls, UTG calls, UTG+1 folds, MP1 calls.

Flop: (23 SB) T/images/graemlins/club.gif, 5/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 9/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(5 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="CC3333">UTG bets</font>, MP1 calls, Hero calls, <font color="CC3333">SB raises</font>, <font color="CC3333">UTG 3-bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">MP1 caps</font>, Hero calls, SB calls, UTG calls.

Turn: (19.50 BB) 4/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(5 players)</font>
SB checks, UTG checks, MP1 folds, <font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, SB calls, <font color="CC3333">UTG raises</font>, Hero calls, SB calls.

River: (25.50 BB) 7/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="CC3333">UTG bets</font>, Hero calls, SB calls.

Final Pot: 28.50 BB

sublime
10-11-2004, 05:28 PM
Why didnt you raise the flop the first time around?

TripleH68
10-11-2004, 05:32 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Why didnt you raise the flop the first time around?

[/ QUOTE ]

Bad play.

sublime
10-11-2004, 05:37 PM
Bad play.

I like that explanation /images/graemlins/laugh.gif

TripleH68
10-11-2004, 05:39 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Bad play.

I like that explanation /images/graemlins/laugh.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Imagine my surprise when it was capped by the time it got back to me!

Rubeskies
10-11-2004, 08:17 PM
Does everybody agree with the preflop cold call?

Illininate
10-11-2004, 08:26 PM
The best part about this hand is MP1 capping the flop, then folding when it's checked to him on the turn.

I think you should have folded preflop, and I also have to wonder why you capped preflop when it came back to you. Does 55 have that much equity 6-way?

TripleH68
10-11-2004, 09:45 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I think you should have folded preflop, and I also have to wonder why you capped preflop when it came back to you. Does 55 have that much equity 6-way?

[/ QUOTE ]

I have won some big pots with this play. When it comes back to me for 3-bets last to act(with button) I imagine one or even two big PPs and/or AK. If these players like their hands and are known to resist laying them down I see opportunity. Is this poor thinking?

(Of course normally I like to play small PPs for one SB.)

JDErickson
10-11-2004, 11:18 PM
I would have folded PF and i wouldn't have capped.

donny5k
10-11-2004, 11:21 PM
What about you capping is going to change the way they play post flop? If they have those hands you are losing money by capping.

Edit: You don't have equity, you have implied odds, one shouldn't raise when relying on implied odds to even call to begin with. And you need to know for sure that someone is coming in behind you (and hopefully not for a raise) to cold call. In general you are better off folding here.

Mr. Amanti
11-18-2004, 12:46 PM
I'm new to posting here and all, but i'm not so sure that just calling and not raising the flop was a bad play, as long as you had the intention of raising the turn if a non scare card ie non spade fell.

The problem is that a raise on the flop in a pot this big just can not protect your hand. People are getting correct odds to call all sorts of draws, and you are not going to push anyone off a flush draw with a raise on the flop.

The pot is so large that raising, even on the turn really won't push someone off a draw, i mean they are getting correct odds to draw to gut shots and everything else.

anyways thats my two cents, and though it may seem like you are totally dominated by the turn you are commited to calling to the river and are getting correct odds to draw to a boat here.

but thats just my view of it