PDA

View Full Version : Flop and turn action against a very loose guy and a pfr.

Trix
10-11-2004, 05:01 PM
Party Poker 5/10 Hold'em (6 max, 6 handed)

CO is very loose and very passive.
BTN is unknown, but havent been much involved.

Preflop: Hero is BB with 7/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 7/images/graemlins/spade.gif.
UTG folds, MP folds, CO calls, <font color="CC3333">Button raises</font>, SB folds, Hero calls, CO calls.

Flop: (6.40 SB) T/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 5/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 9/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
Hero checks, CO checks, <font color="CC3333">Button bets</font>, Hero calls, CO calls.

Turn: (4.70 BB) 7/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, CO calls, Button calls.

River: (7.70 BB) 5/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, CO calls, Button folds.

Final Pot: 9.70 BB

I was planning on check-calling the flop and check-folding if CO called and the other guy bet again.

CO is same guy as in this hand: Ups wrong forum (http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showflat.php?Cat=&amp;Number=1120050&amp;page=0&amp;view=expan ded&amp;sb=5&amp;o=14&amp;fpart=)

J.R.
10-11-2004, 05:12 PM
I would check-raise the flop, and if I hadn't done that I like the bet.

Trix
10-11-2004, 05:43 PM
even though CO calls the same stuff for two as for one ?

J.R.
10-11-2004, 05:52 PM
If you're ahead you're ahead and get value by check-raising. If its that sticky why not fold? But are you sure CO will call 2 with everything he would call 1 with, and if that's the case isn't COs callign so loosely that you rate to get great value for you hand by gettign 2 bets form the CO on the flop?

I dislike your plan because if the pfr knows the CO can call loosely, he should bet overcards again, and this seems like an expensive way to pay for information (but then again check-raising is more expensive) that isn't necessarily reliable. Tricky spot (but you know that)