PDA

View Full Version : In trouble with KK - flop set, big pot

joker122
10-11-2004, 04:47 PM
Party Poker 5/10 Hold'em (6 max, 5 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is SB with K/images/graemlins/spade.gif, K/images/graemlins/heart.gif.
<font color="CC3333">UTG raises</font>, MP calls, <font color="CC3333">Button 3-bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">Hero caps</font>, <font color="666666">1 fold</font>, UTG calls, MP calls, Button calls.

Flop: (17 SB) T/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 4/images/graemlins/club.gif, K/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(4 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, UTG calls, MP calls, Button calls.

Turn: (10.50 BB) 8/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(4 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, UTG folds, <font color="CC3333">MP raises</font>, Button calls, Hero calls.

River: (16.50 BB) J/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="CC3333">MP bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">Button raises</font>, Hero calls, MP calls.

Final Pot: 22.50 BB

J.R.
10-11-2004, 05:07 PM
I hate saying this without reads, but since you didn't think you should 3-bet the turn (which I assume is read based on the table texture/MP), I think you have to fold the river. If MP raised the turn with A /images/graemlins/club.gifK /images/graemlins/diamond.gif or TT, and then button raised the river with something like JJ, thems the breaks, but you are faced with putting in 2BB into a 19BB pot with the high probability that MP 3-bets the river. Calling the turn raise and double raise on the river deosn't make much sense, IMO, as you have to have a very strong read you are behind to not 3-bet the turn.

However, I think I would have 3-bet the turn absent a good read on MP (wouldn't MP pop the flop with a club draw?) as you have a redraw when behind on the turn and top set. I also think the button's turn coldcall is encouraging.

Spook
10-11-2004, 06:54 PM
Could the Button River raise be a read raise?
(i don't know the right term, but he figures he has MP beat, but has the Hero on a strong hand he can't beat but figures the Hero might fold instead of calling two?)

J.R.
10-11-2004, 07:01 PM
Yep, that's what I was implying with 'thems the breaks". But if hero didn't feel good enough to 3-bet the turn with top set, he can't call this river IMO.

gamblore99
10-12-2004, 06:20 PM
unless I could see Mps cards, i 3-bet the turn everyday, and twice on sunday.

There are so many drawing hands as well as weaker hands that he could be raising here. BUtton looks like he got you beat but without a read wouldn't you have to call this down?

kiddo
10-12-2004, 06:30 PM
[ QUOTE ]
since you didn't think you should 3-bet the turn (which I assume is read based on the table texture/MP), I think you have to fold the river.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well said.

I think you should reraise turn, you got 10 outs to hit house or 4ofakind and a decent chance he is raising 2pair or a smaller set.

But if you go into checkcall mode - thinking he will normally only raise a flush on turn - I guess there is nothing to do on river but fold when 1 bet and next raise.

Trust your read. (Or 3bet turn next time /images/graemlins/smile.gif)

joker122
10-12-2004, 08:38 PM
Button had JcJd
Other guy had 5c6c and HHWG.