PDA

View Full Version : Commerce 9/18

onegymrat
10-11-2004, 03:06 PM
Full game. UTG is new and very aggressive. Table is okay so far, but not great. UTG raises. EP 3-bets. Folded to button (decent aggressive player) who 4-bets. I was pretty much going to muck until I see A /images/graemlins/spade.gifA /images/graemlins/club.gif. I call. BB folds and all others call. Four to the flop.

FLOP: 10 /images/graemlins/club.gif10 /images/graemlins/spade.gif4 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif

Checked to button who bets. I check-raise. UTG calls and asks, "You have a 10?" I reply, "Yes, at least two." EP folds. Button 3-bets. I call as does UTG. Three to the turn.

TURN: 4 /images/graemlins/club.gif

Checked to button who bets. I check-raise. This time, UTG folds. Button calls. Headsup.

RIVER: K /images/graemlins/spade.gif

I check with the intention of the hattrick. She checks. My hand is good of course. UTG cries about having pocket fives. Button did not show.

Check-raises good? Bad idea for not betting river?

Ian J
10-11-2004, 03:17 PM
Since button is a "decent aggressive player" I don't think going for the triple is correct here. Just bet the river and call a raise. Hopefully, he'll look you up w/ QQ, which he's not going to bet after being check-raised twice.

xerostar
10-11-2004, 03:25 PM
I think everything was fine, I liked the checkraise on the turn. Betting the river is really about a read...does she have KK? If not, its good to value-bet the river, since even aggressive people will check the river having been checked-raised twice /images/graemlins/smile.gif

PassiveCaller
10-11-2004, 03:33 PM
What's the thought process with the 3rd check raise here. I just don't see the 3rd check raising doing all that much for the situation. I think there's a lot more value in just betting the river as I could invision a wider range of hands that call a bet but don't bet that you beat here.

onegymrat
10-11-2004, 03:35 PM
[ QUOTE ]
What's the thought process with the 3rd check raise here.

[/ QUOTE ] Pure greed and stupidity. Never have done one before. Missed out on $18. You're right, bet the river.

onegymrat
10-11-2004, 03:40 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Betting the river is really about a read...does she have KK?

[/ QUOTE ] That did cross my mind for a split second. She was definitely a decent player and would not have put four-bets preflop without a solid hand. QQ is definitely possible. As you can see, I regreted not betting the river the minute I checked. But when I did check, and realized that KK is very likely, it was one of those moments where if she did have it I couldn't stop the bad beat from coming, and I went for the hattrick anyway, hoping for exactly QQ or JJ. Lesson learned. Stupid move.

Michael Davis
10-11-2004, 06:26 PM
Only try this play on good players who think everyone else sucks.

-Michael