PDA

View Full Version : AQo on button. What the %#¤!! is happening here?

ode
10-11-2004, 03:05 PM
Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (9 handed)

Preflop: Hero is Button with A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, Q/images/graemlins/spade.gif.
UTG folds, UTG+1 calls, MP1 folds, MP2 folds, MP3 calls, CO calls, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, SB folds, BB calls, UTG+1 calls, MP3 calls, <font color="CC3333">CO 3-bets</font>, Hero calls, BB calls, UTG+1 calls, <font color="CC3333">MP3 caps</font>, CO calls, Hero calls, BB calls, UTG+1 calls.

Flop: (20.50 SB) Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif, T/images/graemlins/club.gif, 3/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(5 players)</font>
BB checks, UTG+1 checks, MP3 checks, CO checks, <font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, BB folds, UTG+1 calls, MP3 calls, CO calls.

Turn: (12.25 BB) T/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(4 players)</font>
UTG+1 checks, MP3 checks, CO checks, <font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, UTG+1 folds, MP3 folds, CO calls.

River: (14.25 BB) J/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
CO checks, Hero checks.

Final Pot: 14.25 BB
<font color="green">Main Pot: 14.25 BB, between Hero and CO.</font>

Results follow in hour or two...

Annoying hand, I kinda had no clue what was happening. The preflop action was IMHO a bit weird. Should I have bet river for value?

/ode

spamuell
10-11-2004, 03:09 PM
The pre-flop action was certainly strange but I can't see how you can fail to bet this river for value. The pot is huge, you get called by sooooo many worse hands.

ode
10-11-2004, 03:15 PM
[ QUOTE ]
The pre-flop action was certainly strange but I can't see how you can fail to bet this river for value. The pot is huge, you get called by sooooo many worse hands.

[/ QUOTE ]

I was perhaps too scared of AK (hey, he did 3-bet preflop;)), or the flush card. If he was on a draw, it was quite likely that river hit him.

/ode

ode
10-11-2004, 04:04 PM
Results in purple below: <font color="purple">
CO has 5d 5h (two pair, tens and fives).
Hero has Ad Qs (two pair, queens and tens).
Outcome: Hero wins 14.25 BB. </font>

/ode

pokerkai
10-11-2004, 04:32 PM
What happened? You ran into some lags or into some hands.

With zero resitance on the flop and turn. Im not exactly sure what your afraid of on the river. BET THAT

MoreWineII
10-11-2004, 04:39 PM
Every single hand that a reasonable person might 3-bet PF with now beats hero. AA, QQ, KK those hands were already good. JJ, AK, those just came in.

Remember CDC's thread? How can you say there's a value bet here when you say that CDC can't call on the end in his example?

/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

spamuell
10-12-2004, 04:08 AM
Every single hand that a reasonable person might 3-bet PF with now beats hero. AA, QQ, KK those hands were already good. JJ, AK, those just came in.

The difference is that in this hand, the CO limp-reraised the button after a bunch of limpers. That doesn't usually mean a standard 3-betting hand, it means T9s or 66 or something.