PDA

View Full Version : Everybody Calls

RacersEdge
10-11-2004, 02:58 PM
The hand history wasn't sent somehow, but here's the hand:

Blinds are at 15/30, I'm UTG with 9 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif 9 /images/graemlins/club.gif

I raise to 100

EP calls
MP 1 calls
MP 3 calls
Button calls

The flop comes:

5/images/graemlins/diamond.gif J/images/graemlins/spade.gif 5/images/graemlins/heart.gif

I bet out 2 BB to see what's what:

Call, call, call, call.

Turn: 6 /images/graemlins/club.gif

Now what? Do anything differently - just limp PF?

avidguru
10-11-2004, 03:25 PM
2 things -

Stack sizes?

You bet 60 into a 545 pot and want 4 people to fold?

Avidguru

RacersEdge
10-11-2004, 04:24 PM
My stack and 3 of the callers in the 1000-1200 range - the MP3 had about 3000...

[ QUOTE ]
You bet 60 into a 545 pot and want 4 people to fold?

[/ QUOTE ]
or raise - calling doesn't tell a whole lot..

betgo
10-11-2004, 04:34 PM
If you are not comfortable with the situation, you can check/fold. You didn't win the pot with your preflop raise, and you didn't flop a set or an overpair, so I wouldn't be thrilled with the situation. There is a good chance someone has a J or an overpair. Since no one raised your microbet on the turn and a rag hit, you might make a real bet on the turn. It depends on what your read is.

JARID
10-11-2004, 05:04 PM
Edge,

I agree with Betgo here. You can easilly check fold/check call this. Calling doesn't tell much here, but then again, you're not really forcing them too. They could call this with overcards, a weak J, a five /images/graemlins/shocked.gif, 77-88, JJ.

If there were less players I would say fire out a meaningfull size bet, but based on the number players and their calling station mentality you could have problems.

Definately check the turn and see what ensues.

-Jarid

fnurt
10-11-2004, 05:32 PM
You need to bet more on the flop if you want to know anything. Betting 1/10 of the pot is basically checking.

Make a strong bet on the flop, if you get called on this draw-free board, you probably don't want to put any more chips in.