PDA

View Full Version : here's a hand

Tommy Angelo
10-11-2004, 12:39 PM
Full wee hour $20-40 at LC. There was this one guy in the game. I'd never met him. Very smart man, I soon learned. And funny. Unassuming and probably worth hundreds of millions if any of the VC stuff he was talking about was true. Call him Joe. I folded for forever and I openraised on the button with AQ. The SB folded and Joe reraised from the big blind with 10-2 offsuit. I made it four bets and he called. Flop came A-J-3 rainbow. Joe checked, I bet, and he called. Joe made one pair on the turn and checkcalled. Then he made two pair on the river and he bet out. I called and he won.

A round and a half later, I openraised with KK from the middle. Joe reraised behind me, and everyone folded back to me. I made it four bets, Joe made it five bets, and this went on for a while. Just when I was about to not reraise, at about ten bets each or so, Joe turned over his cards: 7-5 suited. I went ahead and raised again.

Joe said, "This is my favorite hand but I'm going to let you off easy." And he just called.

The flop came 7-7-5. Joe bet $20 with an exposed full house. Then he looked up at me, apologetically, and maybe a little disappointed that all the fun had been used up on this hand already, and he tossed a $100 chip at me and he said "muck your hand." I accepted the chip in good faith and mucked.

Tommy

mike l.
10-11-2004, 12:49 PM
"Just when I was about to not reraise, at about ten bets each or so,"

if there's a part to not like about the post i guess that's it.

andyfox
10-11-2004, 01:31 PM
After just reading about Chris Reeve and Ken Caminiti, a much needed smile or three came to my face reading this one. Thanks, Tommy.

Completely OT, I am ashamed to admit I had to look up what VC stood for. I thought it had something to do with Vietnam.

rory
10-11-2004, 01:33 PM
The games at LC and the games at Foxwoods are so completely different that it is almost like playing two entirely different games.

Wow.

Barry
10-11-2004, 01:48 PM
All those bets PF out of position, Tommy? You must have been real tired /images/graemlins/wink.gif

andyfox
10-11-2004, 01:52 PM
For me, it would be this: "Joe turned over his cards: 7-5 suited. I went ahead and raised again."

Senor Choppy
10-11-2004, 02:04 PM
I fail to see what's so tragic about Caminiti.

Stork
10-11-2004, 02:15 PM
Wow, do not try and mess with Joe. He'll [censored] you in the virtual ass.

andyfox
10-11-2004, 02:17 PM
A wasted life and or a life ended early is always tragic. Even when the wounds are self-inflicted.

elindauer
10-11-2004, 02:48 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Then he made two pair on the river and he bet out. I called and he won.

[/ QUOTE ]

There you go, paying off again. Why can't you ever find a fold on the river?

/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Eric