PDA

View Full Version : Pokerroom.com, very fishy

A_PLUS
10-11-2004, 12:22 PM
I am assuming that the reason that I haven't heard about the horrible quality of play at PR is b/c everyone wants to keep the shark / fish ratio low. It took me a few tournaments to realize that the players really are that bad, I wasn't imagining it.

Here is what I saw: 5-6 callers into 2x pot sized raised pot. pre-flop. (some with J7, etc)

Called All-in raises (stacks around tourn. avg) with (QTo, JQ, 66).

There is no need to try anything fancy, play your premium hands and you get paid off. You can only play AA,KK,QQ, AKs, and get close to the payout on most tourneys.

I have found the quality of play at UB to be light years ahead of PR. So PR here I come. That being said, the set-up sucks, and you only see 50 hands hr, as opposed to 80-100 at UB.

cocarondelle
10-11-2004, 05:36 PM
i play at pokerroom as well, and i cant agree with you on every count. most people try to double up early in mtts especially the 5 dollar and 10 dollar buy ins. How do other sites compare with the same buy ins?

Just yesterday i got busted, with KK against A10? what was he doing in the hand? (had 7500 in chips and re raised over 3000) and some guy pushed all in with a gutshot staright draw against my two pair, aces and jacks and hit. No this isn't a bad beat story, i'm just saying that this probably happens at other sites too at such small buy ins. Anybody else agree?

thylacine
10-11-2004, 05:44 PM
Yes, I agree.

A_PLUS
10-12-2004, 09:35 AM
I cant answer for other sites, but I noticed a HUGE difference from Pokerroom from Ultimate bet. Players were much looser and less perceptive.

example: over the weekend, I was playing a tournament on both sites at the same time. The buy-ins were similar, and the blind structure is similar. (PR go up faster, UB less chips).

I was playing the same way at both sites. But when I did wake up with KK, or AA. I got paid off every single time at PR, and never more than 20% at UB. To me, I think that UB players, even at the 5$ level pay enough attention to notice when you only play 1-10 hands.

Also, PR goes from 300 - 120 players in the 1st hour. Where UB may go to 180, with less chips and 30 more hands seen the 1st hour.

Like I said, I have played 100+ UB tournaments, and about 10 PR. Maybe I just got very lucky, time will tell.

Baked67
10-12-2004, 09:51 AM
I play exclusively at Pokerroom...yeah, the quality of play is pretty questionable at times...The tournament structures benefit tight/solid play very nicely with the 1500 in chips to start...if I get a premium starting hand early in the tournament I almost always get payed off huge. Anyway, I love it at Pokerroom and I've made a nice profit there...

Cleveland Guy
10-12-2004, 10:26 AM
Why do you have to go and ruin our little secret?

Pokerroom has great MTTs. They are very easy to make it deep into the tournament.

I placed final tables at 2 yesterday - a morning one with about 70 people, and a mid afternoon one with 171 people.

Both times I used basic ABC Poker.