PDA

View Full Version : Lay down or not

jayrutz2
10-11-2004, 12:11 PM
Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (9 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)
UTG is a maniac loose,capable of bluffing with anything, SB less of a read
Preflop: Hero is MP3 with 5/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 5/images/graemlins/club.gif.
<font color="CC3333">UTG raises</font>, UTG+1 folds, MP1 folds, MP2 folds, <font color="CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, CO folds, Button folds, SB calls, BB folds, <font color="CC3333">UTG caps</font>, Hero calls, SB calls.

Flop: (13 SB) J/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 6/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 4/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">SB bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">UTG raises</font>, Hero ?
My decision and results in white below, but befor you look, what would you do??? : <font color="white"> </font>
<font color="white"> </font>

<font color="white">
Hero Folds, River is a blank

UTG has As Kh (high card, ace).
SB has Qd Td (high card, queen).
Outcome: UTG wins 13.50 BB. </font>

jayrutz2
10-11-2004, 12:35 PM
This one has me really puzzled, please help!

TheHip41
10-11-2004, 12:37 PM
[ QUOTE ]
My decision and results in white below, but befor you look, what would you do

[/ QUOTE ]

With an UTG raiser, and everyone folds to me, with 55? I fold preflop.

If I accidentally knocked some chips into the pot that the dealer thought was me raising preflop, well then, I'd fold the flop, easily.

If you called the flop, I'd fold the turn regardless of what hit. Oh yeah. fold the river too

If you won, it's not because you did anything right

Sent
10-11-2004, 12:41 PM
UTG is a maniac, 55 is a great hand versus one. But once the SB decides to bet out you have to wonder if you hand is any good anymore

-Sent

jayrutz2
10-11-2004, 12:43 PM
UTG is a maniac, raising with JUNK consistently.
So I was very tempted to re-raise him and make him fold, which he had done multiple times... That and felt if I get him hu, I am in good shape...I realize this was aggressive, and in the end I paid him off as he kept betting into me with junk! this is what frustrated me on this particular hand

K

MoreWineII
10-11-2004, 12:49 PM
Personally, even though UTG is a maniac, I wait for a better spot.

If for some reason I ***had*** to play this hand, I play it the same PF and 3-bet the flop. Try to make SB fold a jack, it's probably your only hope.

TheHip41
10-11-2004, 12:52 PM
Using your read on UTG as a Maniac, then 3-betting with 55 is a viable option. The thing is, if you are going to 3-bet with 55, you better raise the flop against 2 opponents. If you are going to play aggresively, then play aggressively, don't puss out

colgin
10-11-2004, 01:03 PM
I would likely fold this pre-flop. The decision to three-bet and try to isolate would depend on the rest of the table (will they likely all fold behind to your three-bet) and how well the maniac plays post-flop.

On the flop, I think I fold now. SB showing strength now is a sure sign of trouble and your immediate pot odds are not that great with your effective odds probably much worse as the flop may get three-bet or capped. Get out while you can.