PDA

View Full Version : $2-4 Hand, I flop a boat

ChicagoTroy
10-11-2004, 11:26 AM
Would anybody play this differently?

Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (9 handed)

Preflop: Hero is MP1 with Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif, Q/images/graemlins/club.gif. MP2 posts a blind of $2.
UTG calls, UTG+1 calls, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, MP2 (poster) calls, <font color="CC3333">MP3 3-bets</font>, CO folds, Button folds, SB folds, BB folds, UTG folds, UTG+1 folds, <font color="CC3333">Hero caps</font>, MP2 calls, MP3 calls.

Flop: (15.50 SB) J/images/graemlins/club.gif, J/images/graemlins/heart.gif, Q/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, MP2 calls, <font color="CC3333">MP3 raises</font>, Hero calls, MP2 calls.

Turn: (10.75 BB) 4/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, MP2 folds, MP3 calls.

River: (12.75 BB) J/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, MP3 calls.

Final Pot: 14.75 BB

Fnord
10-11-2004, 11:36 AM
I don't like calling the flop, then leading the turn out of position. Either 3-bet the flop or call and c/r the turn.

ChicagoTroy
10-11-2004, 11:39 AM
Yeah, I was hoping the 3rd player would come along for the ride, which would be unlikely if I checkraised and he faced 2 bets. I was ticked when he folded to 1.

Barry
10-11-2004, 11:45 AM
I don't understand the stop and go here. It's not like you want to see if a safe card comes on the turn.

Depending upon how aggressive MP3 is, I would either 3 bet the flop or checkraise the turn.

sthief09
10-11-2004, 11:59 AM
you managed to extract the least amount of bets possible.

ChicagoTroy
10-11-2004, 12:02 PM
The opponents had a role in that. I didn't expect the fold from leading out on the turn, and didn't think anybody would call a checkraise. What would you do differently and why?

TheHip41
10-11-2004, 12:44 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Yeah, I was hoping the 3rd player would come along for the ride, which would be unlikely if I checkraised and he faced 2 bets. I was ticked when he folded

[/ QUOTE ]

Who gives f*** what the other guy is going to do. If he calls, great, if not, oh well. Either 3-bet the flop, or c/r the turn. I'd vote for 3-bet the flop, cause it still might look like you have AA or KK or AK AQ. If he has a J, you are going to get nothing but action on that board. Just bet/raise every chance you get.

Fancy play syndrome = Missed BB's

No lie, bet

TheHip41
10-11-2004, 12:49 PM
[ QUOTE ]
The opponents had a role in that. I didn't expect the fold from leading out on the turn, and didn't think anybody would call a checkraise. What would you do differently and why?

[/ QUOTE ]

I think you are misusing the idea of "keeping people who are drawing dead in"

THe hand you are in has you, UTG, UTG+1.

You bet, UTG calls, UTG1 raises.

Right here, if you just call, UTG calls, you gain 1 more SB at most on the flop

If you 3-bet, UTG might fold, who cares, UTG1 is going to call for sure, that's your 1 SB right there. If UTG calls, then UTG1 caps, that's 4SB more. By calling, you are killing your own action.

I understand you want to keep ppl in, so on the turn you figure

"If I c/r, UTG, who's drawing dead, will fold for 2 bets."

You are misapplying this idea. There are 3 players on the flop, ram and jam, get as much as you can.

If you have 7 players on the flop, then by betting, or c/r, or 3-betting, you might make 4 ppl face 2 cold, and then fold, so that might be a mistake.

Since there are so few players in, just bet and raise at will.

ChicagoTroy
10-11-2004, 01:07 PM
Good post, makes sense. Thanks.

TheHip41
10-11-2004, 01:16 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Good post, makes sense. Thanks.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well I know it didn't make sense, but I just ramble /images/graemlins/smile.gif If any of it helps you, then good.