PDA

View Full Version : The dark sea of the swing.

The once and future king
10-11-2004, 05:31 AM
The dark sea of the - swing.

All must eventualy sail it. Though all around be darkness, never forget that there are other seas. /images/graemlins/heart.gif

knightunner
10-11-2004, 09:50 AM
The ride you sail the down swing, the sweeter the up is. Especially when you get dealt two straight flushes within 5 hands, and have other people capping the pot!

willie
10-11-2004, 10:16 AM
comin off a bad one right now, but i'm running good all of a sudden again.

i'm tryin to make smart plays and close leaks, cause my variance is too high to simply blame bad luck, but in my swing i took a lot of awful beats.

just keep gettin your money in with the best of it man...it's all you can do.

SlowStroke
10-11-2004, 05:03 PM
Bad swings are a very important part of your games development. It is when you are going bad that you really examine your game and make improvements. Nobody spends time working on their game when the cards are running good.

The biggest difference between good and bad players? When good players run bad they examine everything and try to plug the leaks. Bad players moan and complain endlessly to anyone who will listen.

ilya
10-11-2004, 05:12 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Bad swings are a very important part of your games development. It is when you are going bad that you really examine your game and make improvements. Nobody spends time working on their game when the cards are running good.

The biggest difference between good and bad players? When good players run bad they examine everything and try to plug the leaks. Bad players moan and complain endlessly to anyone who will listen.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is nonsense. Good players are always trying to improve their game, regardless of their recent results.

SlowStroke
10-11-2004, 07:03 PM
You're right. I shouldn't generalize about good or bad players. I should only speak about my experiences.

What I should have said is - when I am running good, I don't go back and analyze my wins. But when I am running bad, I do start analyzing my loses.

Often I find areas that I can improve on. Normally the areas that need work have little to do with why I'm losing, Most often I lose because I didn't catch any cards, I lose my coin toss hands, or I get big hands outdrawn.

But I have been able to improve my game simply because a bad streak prompted some extra self analysis that I wouldn't have done if I was running good.

ilya
10-11-2004, 07:35 PM
I hear you. Sorry I went off on you there.

Allinlife
10-11-2004, 10:29 PM
wow slowstroke ...you really got me there man

thanks for the headsup...