PDA

View Full Version : I should have gotten away from this hand, right?

Bigwig
10-11-2004, 02:13 AM
Pokerstars $10 MTT. 700+ entrants, ~250 remain.

BB is t150.

One early limper (t6000)
I limp in the CO with J /images/graemlins/heart.gifT /images/graemlins/diamond.gif (t3500)
All fold to BB (t4000) who checks.
Three players to the flop.

Flop is J /images/graemlins/club.gifJ /images/graemlins/spade.gif6 /images/graemlins/club.gif

BB checks.
EP limper checks.
Hero bets 500.
BB reraises to 1200.
EP limper reraises to 1900.
Hero reraises all-in.
BB folds.
EP calls and turns over 6 /images/graemlins/spade.gif6 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif

I lose.

Now, I'm not necessarily afraid of the BB, but I should have folded, correct? Obviously, after reraising two raises, the EP limper has a high probability of having me beat, since my kicker is very poor. Even though some dopes might have slowplayed QQ, KK, and AA, I made a mistake, didn't I?

JaBlue
10-11-2004, 02:17 AM
yeah, you should have. What did you tell yourself your two opponents had when they raised and reraised on top of you? What could you possibly beat here???

Bigwig
10-11-2004, 02:19 AM
[ QUOTE ]
yeah, you should have. What did you tell yourself your two opponents had when they raised and reraised on top of you? What could you possibly beat here???

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm not sure. I think I had a brain fart. I wasn't worried about the BB's reraise, because there is a good chance that he has a J and a poor kicker. But the EP reraise after the two bets should have kicked something in me.

Okay, I made a horrible move. Just wanted to make sure. /images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Bigwig
10-11-2004, 02:20 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

BTW, if I had a K or A kicker, would your answer change?

durron597
10-11-2004, 02:56 AM
So 2 limpers, both of whom checkraise you? I think I can't lay down AJ here but that's about it, especially since the second check-raise was the minimum.