PDA

View Full Version : K high flop gets checked around

bakku
10-11-2004, 01:55 AM
Party Poker 3/6 Hold'em (9 handed)
My first orbit, the table is super loose, 6+ to the flop for 2 bets constantly
No read on UTG

Preflop: Hero is MP1 with 8/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 8/images/graemlins/diamond.gif.
<font color="CC3333">UTG raises</font>, <font color="666666">1 fold</font>, Hero calls, <font color="666666">2 folds</font>, CO calls, Button calls, <font color="666666">1 fold</font>, BB calls.

I can't remember the last time I was the first person to CC a raise, but this table seemed perfect for it. Comments?

Flop: (10.33 SB) 2/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 3/images/graemlins/club.gif, K/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(5 players)</font>
BB checks, UTG checks, Hero checks, CO checks, Button checks.

Turn: (5.16 BB) 4/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(5 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="CC3333">UTG bets</font>, Hero?

Am I raising or folding? Is calling even an option?

Evan
10-11-2004, 02:04 AM
How do you have such a solid read on your first orbit? Anyway, if your read is right I can understand the call (although I think I would fold, bad?).

I would be very tempted to bet the flop here.

I'm gonna guess you're raising since the last 2 lines of the post are in <font color="red"> red </font>. /images/graemlins/smile.gif I think a raise here is fine. You probably have the best hand and you might be able knock out some weak yet dangerous draws (i.e. wheel draws, maybe even soem flush draws but probably not).

bakku
10-11-2004, 02:29 AM
How do you have such a solid read on your first orbit?

In the few hands I was at the table, they were all multiway.

Thanks for catching that error Evan, post is edited.

Evan
10-11-2004, 02:32 AM
No problem. What do you think of folding preflop? I don't necessarily think your call was wrong, but I'd probably fold here. Would you fold without the read on the table?

bakku
10-11-2004, 02:47 AM
[ QUOTE ]
No problem. What do you think of folding preflop? I don't necessarily think your call was wrong, but I'd probably fold here. Would you fold without the read on the table?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yea, either fold or 3-bet. Most likely fold.

Rubeskies
10-11-2004, 02:48 AM
Can I ask you what your reasoning was for checking the flop? Did you fear a C/R?