PDA

View Full Version : A couple hands from a home game this weekend

MEbenhoe
10-11-2004, 01:16 AM
I was in Minneapolis this weekend, mainly for the Yankees-Twins game, and had the bonus of staying by Schneids for the weekend(while gonores happened to be visiting as well) and playing some at Canterbury.

Friday night after we got back from Canterbury we got a nice home game going. We started out playing Crazy Fox and ended up just playing hold em at the end of the night.

The lineup for this awesome home game in clockwise order was Schneids, Fudgenut, Gonores, ME, my roommate, and two guys I hadn't met before that were both students at the U.

Hand #1: I play g00t?(7 handed)

Preflop: Hero is UTG with 6 /images/graemlins/club.gif2 /images/graemlins/club.gif
Hero raises, roommate 3-bets, MP2 folds, CO 4-bets Schneids folds, fudgenut folds, gonores folds, hero calls, roommate calls

I was raising anything here because I had wanted to straddle but forgot to

Flop:(14 SB) 6 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif4 /images/graemlins/club.gif2 /images/graemlins/spade.gif (3 players)
Hero checks, roommate checks, CO bets, Hero raises, roommate calls, CO calls

Turn: (10 BB) 5 /images/graemlins/spade.gif (3 players)
Hero bets, roommate calls, CO raises, Hero 3-bets, roommate folds, CO calls

roommate told me later he folded AA here

River:(17 BB) 2 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif (2 players)
Hero bets, CO raises all-in, Hero calls

Final Pot: 21 BB between CO and Hero
CO had AA also on this hand

Hand #2: I play bad? (6-handed)

ok that last hand, while it actually happened was posted merely as a joke, this hand is to show you how a person can take the worst possible line on a hand:

Preflop: Hero is UTG with Q /images/graemlins/club.gifT /images/graemlins/club.gif
Hero raises, roommate folds, CO folds, Schneids (button) 3-bets, Fudgenut(SB) folds, Gonores(BB) calls, Hero calls

Flop: (10 SB) T /images/graemlins/diamond.gif 7 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif 3 /images/graemlins/club.gif (3 players)
Gonores checks, Hero bets, Schneids raises, Gonores folds, Hero 3-bets??, Schneids calls

Turn: (8 BB) 8 /images/graemlins/club.gif (2 players)
Hero bets, Schneids calls

River: (10 BB) 3 /images/graemlins/heart.gif (2 players)
Hero checks?????, Schneids checks

Was stupidly thinking check-raise here even though theres no way Schneids would have bet a hand I had beat on the river given the previous action of the hand.

Final Pot: 10 BB
I show, Schneids folds and confirms my stupidity of not betting the river.