PDA

View Full Version : Paradise to offer PL and NL

03-07-2002, 04:02 PM
Just got e-mail from them - the bad news is max buy-in will be $50 or $100. Still should be great games when they first get started.

03-08-2002, 02:33 PM

03-08-2002, 09:31 PM
Wonder if the sharks will bust the fish too quickly now and the games will suffer. The affects of the introduction of big bet game has been discussed here ad naseum, but I am curious on perspectives regarding PP in particular.

KJS

03-08-2002, 10:47 PM
I hope that I personally bust all the fish that keep sucking out on me in limit. Paradise has given a lot of loose agressive fools the illusion that they are great players. We'll see how great they are when they have to call their entire stack to hit runner runner off of bottom pair....

I don't care if it hurts the site: the suckouts of limit hurt me! I will be there on day one to teach any of those limit players (that aren't too scared to play) about REAL poker!

Once they actually have to start THINKING about their draws or their bottom pair instead of just blindly calling or, even funnier, raising with them, it'll be a different ballgame.

If it brings down the site? So be it! Paradise Poker makes me very angry >/images/indifferent.gif and I am going to take it out on the PL/NL games!

03-09-2002, 12:53 AM
they should be good and the $50 and $100 buyins are much better than the crappy $25 at pokerstars and UB. I think they will probably get a bigger game at $500 or $1000 max if the games prove popular, and let the big guns fight it out for so called "real money". As it is I think the smaller games should be great, at least at first.

03-10-2002, 12:23 PM
I am still learning and I don't think my skills are up to a 100 dollar buy in pot limit or no limit game.

I am however looking forward to getting my feet wet in a pot limit or no limit tournament.