PDA

View Full Version : 2 4-8 B&M hands...What's your play?

KowCiller
10-10-2004, 10:44 PM
Here are two of my 4-8 hands from last week at a B&M venue that I consider the softest seat in town.

Thanks in advance for all comments.

KoW

KowCiller
10-10-2004, 10:52 PM
The table is pretty soft. Loose and passive save for 1 player who is aggressive with fairly loose starting requirements (not in this hand). This is my first hand in the table (I know 1/2 of the players from previous sessions and I have observed 2 hands).

I'm Hero is MP1 with A /images/graemlins/spade.gifQ /images/graemlins/spade.gif.

Villan has just taken a bad beat from the previous hand. She's tilting hard and whining(typical for her, played with her a few times).

Fold to Villan who raises on my right, I 3-bet with AQs. Folds around to big blind who cold calls. (Villan is noticably mad that I raised her).

Flop 3 players (9.5 SB): A /images/graemlins/diamond.gif 3 /images/graemlins/club.gif Q /images/graemlins/diamond.gif.

Checked to me. What's your play?

Thanks,

KoW

KowCiller
10-10-2004, 11:05 PM
Same table as hand #1. Table is still loose preflop, most play fairly poor after the flop. SB and UTG+2 play better than the others at the table.

I'm on the button with J /images/graemlins/diamond.gif 9 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif.

Preflop: UTG+1 calls, MP1 calls, CO calls, I call on the button with Jd9d, SB completes, BB checks.

Flop (6 players, 6 SB): Q /images/graemlins/diamond.gif 10 /images/graemlins/club.gif 9 /images/graemlins/heart.gif.

SB bets, BB folds, UTG+1 raises, MP1 folds, CO cold calls, I cold call, SB (who has some respect for my game) glares at me and scowls and calls.

Turn (4 players, 7 BB) 8 /images/graemlins/club.gif.

Checked to me, I bet. SB calls, UTG+1 calls, CO calls.

River (4 players, 11 BB).

Checked to me, I bet.

Comments on all streets appreciated.

Thanks,

KoW

xxxxx
10-10-2004, 11:08 PM
With hand one I'd just toss as much money into the center of the table as possible. Bet.

I think you played hand two fine.

joker122
10-10-2004, 11:17 PM
There are many things that make your flop call very marginal: your 2pair outs are not clean, your trip outs might not be clean, you have a 1 card OESD (which are never very valuable), but most of all, the pot is small. You do have the 3rd nut BD flush draw though.

Anyway, you're getting 6:1 on the flop call and you need just under that for an OESD alone. You have a pair and BD flush draw so you may have up to 11.5 outs. The problem is your straight outs will often be to a chop. I suppose I would look at the turn with this one as well.

jordanx
10-11-2004, 12:19 AM
I'd bet it, you definitely don't want to give a free card here w/ two diamonds and potential straight draws.

Mason Malmuth
10-11-2004, 12:23 AM
Hi KowCiller:

You're describing a situation where your opponent can go off for a lot of bets. So bet and give them a chance to do so.

Best wishes,
Mason

joker122
10-11-2004, 01:56 AM
You should bet your good hands for value. How else to you expect to make money playing this game?