PDA

View Full Version : Just die already!!

Beerfund
10-10-2004, 10:10 PM
I hate Andy Rooney! Tonight he said, "...anyone who decides who to vote for before the debates is just stupid, I think we can all agree on that."

You're right you old bastard, I need to listen to Kerry make condescending remarks about Iraq and avoid questions about his "plan" for a couple hours before I decide not to vote for him.

CBS gives me gas /images/graemlins/frown.gif

wacki
10-10-2004, 10:43 PM
I wonder if the debates were going poorly for Kerry he would be talking differently.

I also can't help but wonder if the debates have the largest impact on people who are too lazy to actually do research on the subject.

The vast majority of political savy people should of made up their mind by now. I agree, idiotic comment by Rooney.

Kopefire
10-10-2004, 10:59 PM
While I agree that given our current political climate, it is idiotic. I really wish it wasn't.

I wish that the debates were something other than a moderated press conference for the candidates to spew out rehearsed sound-bites.

I wish that what we could see an extemporaneous debate where the moderator pulled a topic out of a hat, and the candidates each spent 15-20 minutes on that one topic giving us their position, and defending it from critique.

I wish the debates were a legitimate chance to see the candidates and examine their beliefs on one subject in depth.

Oh, Lincoln-Douglas .. how I long for thee . . .

Neil Stevens
10-10-2004, 11:03 PM
If these guys were nobodies then sure, the debates would be important.

In this case, though, we have a four year track record of the President's to look at, and a many year track record of the Senator's to look at. On top of that, both men hvae been campaigning for months, telling us what they think is important.

If you're locked into voting for one of those two men, and you don't know by now who to vote for, you should stay home on election day. These men are completely different from each other. Anyone qualified to vote would know by now which to support.

wacki
10-10-2004, 11:51 PM
[ QUOTE ]
If these guys were nobodies then sure, the debates would be important.

In this case, though, we have a four year track record of the President's to look at, and a many year track record of the Senator's to look at. On top of that, both men hvae been campaigning for months, telling us what they think is important.

If you're locked into voting for one of those two men, and you don't know by now who to vote for, you should stay home on election day. These men are completely different from each other. Anyone qualified to vote would know by now which to support.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ahhhh, this was poetry to my eyes.

natedogg
10-11-2004, 12:30 AM
What a joke. I'm not voting for someone who can debate well. The fact that people actually think it's important how well the president "debates" his opponent is a sign of how stupid the masses really are.

That doesn't even touch on the fact that these aren't even real debates in the first place.

natedogg

Kopefire
10-11-2004, 12:39 AM
Dude, reading comprehension 101 already . . .