PDA

View Full Version : i'm a chip spewer, aren't i?

stinkypete
10-10-2004, 09:21 PM
no stats (ie. reads) on the villain yet, i'm pretty new to 2-4.

Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (9 handed)

Preflop: Hero is CO with 9/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 9/images/graemlins/spade.gif.
UTG folds, UTG+1 calls, MP1 folds, MP2 folds, <font color="CC3333">MP3 raises</font>, <font color="CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, Button folds, SB folds, BB folds, UTG+1 calls, MP3 calls.

Flop: (10.50 SB) 4/images/graemlins/heart.gif, K/images/graemlins/spade.gif, K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
UTG+1 checks, MP3 checks, <font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, UTG+1 folds, <font color="CC3333">MP3 raises</font>, <font color="CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, MP3 calls.

Turn: (8.25 BB) Q/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
MP3 checks, Hero checks.

River: (8.25 BB) 3/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">MP3 bets</font>, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 10.25 BB

BaronVonCP
10-10-2004, 09:49 PM
if you were planning on calling a river bet, bet the turn.

stinkypete
10-10-2004, 10:05 PM
that seems to make sense looking back at the hand.

i 3-bet the flop hoping for a cheap showdown (which i got) if i didn't improve. i didn't really want to lay down the hand since i felt there was a good chance i was ahead.

i see now that i can safely lay this down to a turn checkraise at the same cost. (right?)

if i'm ahead on the turn, i don't want to give free cards.

makes sense now. i have a lot to learn.

sthief09
10-10-2004, 10:35 PM
everything you do at the poker table should have a reason, and your street-by-street decisions should be cohesive. your flop/turn/river play all contradict each other. what's the point of 3-betting the flop if you're going to check the turn? you're not taking a free card to draw to a 2-outer. if you 3-bet the flop, it's because you rightfully think you're best. when you check the turn, you're conceding that your hand isn't best. when you call the river, it makes your turn check completely pointless.

if you wanted a cheap showdown, you should've bet the turn and checked the river, folding to a turn-check-raise. however, after he check-raises you on the flop, you can't be feeling too good about your hand. I'd be very tempted to dump my hand there.

Chris Daddy Cool
10-10-2004, 11:13 PM
you post good.