PDA

View Full Version : Another Top Set

edthayer
10-10-2004, 08:28 PM
Hero has K /images/graemlins/heart.gif K /images/graemlins/club.gif UTG. Hero raises, folded to MP2. MP2 calls, MP3 3-bets, folded to CO, CO calls, folded back to Hero. Hero caps, everyone else calls.

Flop:
K /images/graemlins/spade.gif Q /images/graemlins/heart.gif 8 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif

Hero bets, MP2 calls, MP3 calls, CO calls.

Turn:
5 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif

Hero bets, MP2 calls, MP3 calls, CO folds.

River:
T /images/graemlins/club.gif

Hero bets, MP2 folds, MP3 raises, Hero??

sluttysteve
10-10-2004, 08:31 PM
He's not 3-betting preflop with AJo, cap the river. Prolly a slowplayed QQ.

edthayer
10-10-2004, 08:53 PM
How many people slowplay QQ that long though? Granted I've seen it happen before, but I've also seen people 3-bet with AJo. Both are bad plays, and I think he'd be just as capable of either one.

chesspain
10-10-2004, 08:59 PM
[ QUOTE ]
How many people slowplay QQ that long though? Granted I've seen it happen before, but I've also seen people 3-bet with AJo. Both are bad plays, and I think he'd be just as capable of either one.

[/ QUOTE ]

You need to three-bet and call a possible cap. I think that odds of him having QQ/KQ/TT are greater than the odds of him having AJ. And you know that if he has one of the dominated hands he will pay you off, or three-bet even still.

DyessMan89
10-10-2004, 09:42 PM
I would have checked on the flop and then call (slowplay it) or raise it. (check-raise)

I would have also 3-bet the river.

edthayer
10-10-2004, 10:28 PM
I don't think I'd ever slowplay a hand that was capped preflop. It's just too big to risk. Besides, most people will call with very little. Also, any JT has an open ender. I think betting/raising this flop is a must.

The river is debatable, however, and I think you are right. It should be 3-bet.