PDA

View Full Version : $0.5-$1 Pot limit HE hand

03-06-2002, 03:39 PM
Hi all,

I won a big pot with this hand but I am not very happy with the way I played it, and I'd like some comments on it.

I had pocket JJ in middle position. I raised pot after a very loose limper before me and the BB called and the limper called. We all had around $80 give or take $10.

The flop was 49T all spades and I had the J of spades. The BB checked, the limper bet the pot at me. Hmmmm, what to do here. He is a very loose player who would make this move I felt with a relatively weak hand against me.... either a draw or a pair (hopefully not two pair or a set). He is very unpredictable and not a very good player. What's my move?

I was pretty sure I was ahead at this point but just called to see what the BB would do. He folded. The next card was the 3d making the board

3d4s9sTs.

He bet around $34 or so. Now it was decision time. It felt like he was protecting his hand here and if I called this, he had around $15 left which I felt was going to go in the middle no matter what card came on the turn. For some reason without thinking much I just called.

The river was another T for a final board of

49T3T with 3 spades. He bet his final $15, I called (I had him covered by a couple bucks) and he shows 93 no spades. I win! I really don't like the way this hand was played and wonder if I should have just folded the flop or turn or raise the flop and / or turn instead of calling the whole way.

Flame away!

Jeff

03-06-2002, 07:03 PM
Fold that flop. The Jack of spades is not a strong enough spade. If the 4th spade comes and the pot is bet at you, and all you're holding is the jack, you should fold. If an overcard to your jack hits on either 4th or 5th street, you're probably not good -- someone could be calling with either the Qs, Ks, As, or a combination of these, and then you're done. Someone could also be protecting their 10-9 two pair, or possibly even have a made baby flush and are trying to protect that. Even if a jack comes, you still lose your stack to this made flush. I think this is a quick muck on that flop.

Ma

03-06-2002, 09:42 PM
The case for folding the flop is an easy one to make.

But what would be the argument for calling on the flop? I would also fold on the flop, by the way