PDA

View Full Version : Sticky notes

codewarrior
10-10-2004, 07:33 PM
An idea I just had. Has anyone placed a small sticky note over their hole cards on the screen to hide them from view until it is your turn to act to simulate waiting until it it's your turn a la B&M? I may have to try this.... Thoughts?

My name is codewarrior, and I approve the use of sticky notes /images/graemlins/tongue.gif

LethalRose
10-10-2004, 08:55 PM
I dont think theres much of a reason..most people wait til their turn so they can watch reactions of other people as they look at their cards..but whatever floats your boat.

what we need is webcam poker, now thatd be funny.

lastchance
10-10-2004, 08:56 PM
You're not going to give them any hints before you act online neway, so why go through the trouble of the sticky notes?

codewarrior
10-10-2004, 08:58 PM
So there is no value to formulating an unbaised opinion on your opponents' action not knowing your own holding? Curious.

Just opening the subject for debate.

codewarrior
10-10-2004, 09:01 PM
To improve your own game? Again, I might be high here - but wouldn't the sticky note prevent a knee-jerk reaction?

The Yugoslavian
10-10-2004, 09:33 PM
Codewarrior,

I really like this idea and in fact had been thinking about it myself. When you haven't seen anything better than J2 that A3o is looking pretty tasty even when facing an allin from Mr. Rock UTG. Also, it adds drama in my opinion and a bit of suspense to an otherwise drab amount of folding for the first 3 levels.

Of course, I doubt most people really gain much from using sticky notes in this way. It can't hurt and seems like it would at least be fun to try!

LethalRose
10-10-2004, 09:38 PM
just remember to put both hands over the sticky note, look to your right and left, and calmly look at your cards.

this is a good idea btw..I still think tables where a webcam is required would be fun.

codewarrior
10-10-2004, 09:41 PM
lol. I wear sunglasses playing online, too... Of course, the setting sun in my eyes when I play. /images/graemlins/laugh.gif

DrPhysic
10-11-2004, 10:23 AM
from your screen is ok if you have a CRT monitor, but may be hard on your LCD. I have heard that WD40 is a pretty good solvent....

Old Joke: How do you tell a blond has been using your computer? From the whiteout spots on the screen.

New Joke: How do you tell a blond poker player has been using your computer?

Love,

Doc /images/graemlins/grin.gif

Marcotte
10-11-2004, 02:15 PM
[ QUOTE ]

New Joke: How do you tell a blond poker player has been using your computer?

[/ QUOTE ]

Your bankroll is gone?

unless it's Jennifer Harmon, in which case...

Your bankroll is tripled.