PDA

View Full Version : bad beats in mtt different then ring games???

cocarondelle
10-10-2004, 04:51 PM
I've begun to realize the bad beats in mtt mean a lot more then in ring games. In ring games you can always reload with more money, and say hey in the long run i'll make money off those drawing players, but in tournaments if you bust out on lucky draws then your tournament life is over /images/graemlins/frown.gif. I think that if your close to the money or if your one of the chip leaders in the tourney, you should stay out of as much trouble as possible against other big chip stacks. (despite how badly they play.) Isn't it just not worth risking all your chips because the other guy is willing to push all in on a draw? even if you are a favorite to win? I dont know maybe i just havent played in enough tourneys to realize its more important to get your money in as the favorites at any cost. What do you guys/gals think?

Alexthegreat
10-10-2004, 09:08 PM
The closer you are in stack sizes with your opponent, the more of a favorite you should be before you are willing to move all-in.......If you are among the chip leaders, being a small favorite against someone who is equal to you in stack size isn't a great place to get all-in......Focus on taking your chances with the smaller stacks, and try to avoid big time confrontation unless you are a prohibitive favorite