PDA

View Full Version : Party 10+1: A bubble option

ChuckNorris
10-10-2004, 03:49 PM
What would you think about just checking and then pushing on the flop no matter what? I guess that would be a better option if I were first to act on the flop. I was just thinking about how many hands look better preflop than postflop. Then again, the players in party complete small blind with just about any crap..

Seat 7 is the button
Total number of players : 5
Seat 5: tyrolbasin ( $860 )
Seat 6: chbabee ( $2821 )
Seat 7: Shscoach00 ( $1299 )
Seat 9: staubmc83 ( $2370 )
Seat 10: hero ( $650 )
Level:5 Blinds(100/200)

** Dealing down cards **
Dealt to hero [ 6s Td ]
3 fold
staubmc83 calls [100].
hero is all-In.

The Yugoslavian
10-10-2004, 04:25 PM
This situation depends on how much steal equity you have. You need to have quite a bit because if you get called by any two cards you are, on average, a dog. Plus, the SB has more than enough chips to cover you.

I'd see the flop and very likely fold. Chances are you will have a hand better or not much worse next hand in the SB and much more stealing equity b/c the BB at that point can cover you but not without taking a fatal hit.

That being said, if you think the SB is quite tight (unlikely given his big stack at this point in the SNG) then raising allin may be correct. It seems to me he would have to be quite tight as you definitely don't want a call here.

ChuckNorris
10-12-2004, 12:38 AM
I think I have real fold equity here, with more than three times the big blind, instead of on the next hand. It's pretty common in 10+1's for people to complete SB with just about any crap and then fold to a raise. Now if I were to just fold my hand, I'd have T450 left in the SB, which wouldn't even be enough for a good steal raise.. There's no way I'm folding my chips here. The only way I could fold would be if someone had raised here before me, and I'm not sure even then.

housenuts
10-12-2004, 01:14 AM
i think you gotta just check. he knows what you're up to and will probably call with almost any 2. do the stop n go if you got the balls for it, otherwise you might just have to fold the flop, and wait out.

ChuckNorris
10-12-2004, 02:21 PM
Keep in mind that this is 10+1 - he didn't know what I was up to, and folded /images/graemlins/wink.gif