PDA

View Full Version : Couple of Live Hands with Reads

AdamL
10-10-2004, 02:29 PM
Playing at your typical poorly played 5/10 live table. Thanksgiving weekend here in Canada, so it's busy...

I am dealt A /images/graemlins/club.gifK /images/graemlins/spade.gif in BB.

1 early limper (tight and weak preflop, aggressive post-flop with good hands). TAG raises in UTG+2. Folded to button, who calls cold. Button is a pretty bad player but not middle-pair to the river bad. SB folds. I 3-bet. Early limper folds. Raiser caps. Button calls two more cold, I call.

Flop (12B) 3 Players

T /images/graemlins/club.gif6 /images/graemlins/club.gif3 /images/graemlins/spade.gif

I <font color="red">bet</font> to find out where I stand. I want him to announce his overpair here and now. PFR calls. Button calls.

I put PFR on AK now. He's aggressive and this is a huge pot. He's not calling with aces through tens with the draws out there. I put button on a draw based on the way he plays.

Turn (7.5BB):

2 /images/graemlins/heart.gif

I <font color="red">bet</font>. PFR folds. Button calls.

River (9.5BB) 5/images/graemlins/club.gif

I check...

Hand #2

I open raise with KQo from UTG+2. Loose player calls in CO. Rest fold. (Yeah, the table wasn't that great. /images/graemlins/smile.gif )

Flop: A Q 9 Rainbow.

I bet. He calls.

Turn: 3 completing rainbow.

I bet. He raises. I fold...

AdamL
10-10-2004, 08:35 PM
Boobs. Bison. SSH. Ed Miller.

AdamL
10-11-2004, 08:54 PM
Nobody?

joker122
10-11-2004, 09:06 PM
I would probably check call this flop because I wouldn't want to pay 2 bets to see the turn. The way the hand played out, I would like your line if button wasn't present. It's clear that you are either ahead or tied with the PFR so if it were HU I would bet this unimproved through the river. But I think you're wasting a bet on the turn because button probably has you both beat and he's likely going to a showdown. On the river, if PFR bets and button folds I'd call. If PFR checks and button bets I'd fold.

Hand 2: This is fine. The rainbow board makes this fold even easier.