PDA

View Full Version : Commerce dealer

OilMan
10-10-2004, 12:45 PM
I have to mention something good about a dealer at Commerce. I was playing 2/4 yesterday and I won a pot that was about $8 - $10. I usually don't tip if the pot is really small, but this time I slid the dealer a $1 tip (I have a problem with being too generous with tips). To my surprise, he gave the chip back indicating that the pot was too small for him to get a tip. I have never seen that before and thought that was pretty cool.

I have not seen too many posts on here about good dealers, so thought I would share this experience.

Red_Eye_Jedi
10-10-2004, 03:23 PM
I think Commerce gets a bad rap when it comes to their dealers. Stuff like that is actually pretty common in my experience. Good job of pointing that out though. Usually the only time you hear about dealers is when they screw up.

SpaceAce
10-10-2004, 04:47 PM
I don't think I have ever seen a dealer refuse a tip.

SpaceAce

italianstang
10-10-2004, 04:58 PM
Must be a new dealer, there is really no reason for him/her to give it back, you offered it up after all. Strange.

youtalkfunny
10-10-2004, 10:44 PM
I've had this happen to me when I was playing, and I've done when I was a dealer. Not that unusual.

DimensionPresident
10-10-2004, 11:41 PM
There are some people out there who may even be insulted by the dealer giving their tip back to them. Especially italians.

onegymrat
10-11-2004, 12:07 PM
Hi Oilman,

[ QUOTE ]
I have not seen too many posts on here about good dealers...

[/ QUOTE ]
I can't say that this incident constitutes this dealer as a "good" dealer or a "bad" dealer. It is admirable that the dealer is conscious of the tip versus the player's profit. However, if I were the dealer, I would not give back the tip.

And yes, I see this on occasion at Commerce.

MrDannimal
10-11-2004, 12:20 PM
I think anyone who might take offense to this would also insist that the dealer take the tip before getting to the offended stage. I also think that if a dealer were pushed a tip a 2nd time after trying to politely refuse, he'd take it if only because "the customer is always right" and he'd made his "moral" point by refusing the first time.

jjnidguy
10-11-2004, 12:59 PM
most times when i tip for a real small pot, they usually give me an extra emphatic "thank you"

and thats all

ive never been asked to not tip